PDA

View Full Version : windshields and dashboards (64 Cruiser)

tedbrinkley
11-12-2009, 02:17 AM
hi...i'm seeking improvements for my 64 Cruiser

are there outfits that will sell me new windshield glass

and/or new dashboards?

thanks in advance

rkapteyn
11-13-2009, 02:49 AM
I have several color dashes.
I have very good used windshields
Where are you located?
Pickup here in Joliet Il.only.
Robert Kapteyn studebaker@mac.com

studebakerkid
11-13-2009, 05:38 AM
You should be able to order one from Safelite even. I have been putting off getting a new one for my 65 but I have had a quote and it was around $400 but then you will have to get a new seal fro Fennesy if he is still making them.

The snag that I ran into is that the glass installers would not warantee that it would not leak without using the new type sealants.

I had Safelite install a used windshield with a new seal from Fennesy 18 years ago in Pinkie. The first time it rained it leaked from all corners so I took it back in and they did the water test cause they did not believe me. They had to remove it and try again. Fortunately they did not break it during the removal but I insisted that they seal it with black silicone calkings since their approved method did not work. It still does not leak.

I had to open up my hood and show them my engine even..... after seeing my solid motormounts and transmission mounts they agreed that their companies sealant never would have worked......just to much vibration from a 500 hp small block.

If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
61 V8 Tcab
61 Tcab 20R powered
55 Commander Wagon
54 Champion Wagon
46 Gibson Model A
50 JD MC

tedbrinkley
11-18-2009, 12:56 AM
thanks for your responses.
tell me: what/who is Fennesy?

Milaca
11-18-2009, 01:21 AM
Hi Graham, Studebaker International www.studebaker-intl.com might have a NOS dash cover, but they definately have a new windshield seal for $80.00 (plus shipping). For a windshield, you may want to contact Phillips Classic Auto Glass www.autoglassclassics.com/

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3939471781_afa477b3ae_t.jpg
Brent's rootbeer racer.
MN iron ore...it does your body good.

studebakerkid
11-18-2009, 04:53 AM
Fennesy is the guy that has the molds for the windshield seal that you will need. I may have his card someplace but he used to advertise in Turning Wheels Mine cost around $75.

If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
61 V8 Tcab
61 Tcab 20R powered
55 Commander Wagon
54 Champion Wagon
46 Gibson Model A
50 JD MC

candbstudebakers
11-18-2009, 12:05 PM
You can get the glass and the rubber from Studebaker International all in one package other glass venders besides Phillips also..Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
canbstudebakers-
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/CedarRapids210.jpg