Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LQQK! Studebaker's founder personal billiards cue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LQQK! Studebaker's founder personal billiards cue!

George M Studebaker's personal pool cue. here is the link.

The add incorrectly sates that Mr.(George)Studebaker was one of the founders of the Studebaker Motor Corp.

Clement Studebaker had two sons, Clement, Jr., and George M. (1865-1939). George M. Studebaker was commander of the "Studebaker Tigers" in the Spanish-American War. Staying with the company, he built a 64-room mansion in South Bend, but lost his fortune and home through his investments in the Samuel Insull utilities empire

Comment

The MOP is original to the cue, it was found in an South Bend Estate. Also, Studebaker Corporation was not founded till 1911 after the death of Clement and George M. is listed as a founder of the newly formed Corporation. Thanks Bob

Comment

I understand your meaning now Bob.

Comment

Only Six days Left, don't miss out on owning a great piece of Studebaker history.

Comment

Very interesting item. I like the history.

StudeQue, let me take this opportunity to offer you links to joining the SDC during the next six days.

Also, here is a link to a list of SDC members whom are vendors and their links to their sites for parts and other rare items for Studebaker fans like yourself.

Here's a link to the Studebaker family site for historical facts. You should find this very interesting, too.

Comment

Why is it that on this site people who do not participate are free to drop in and SPAM the site with their own personal Ebay auctions?

This practice is verboten on all of the other sites I frequent.

There are many reasons why posting personal advertisements are not allowed to include:

1) Clutter
              2) Inappropriateness
              3) Hyping a normally low bidding item
              4) Causing resentment and bidding wars among members
              5) Encouraging the rude practice of posting auctions for personal gain. (as opposed to a genuine attempt to help a member find a needed part)

At the very least a moderator has to approve the auction link before it is posted on sites that allow the posting of auctions.

As far as this specific item is concerned, "buy the item, not the story".

If you did buy the story and collect billiard related antiques, you would probably come to realize that this item (if the story is accurate) did not bring the previous owner much luck.

If you are a man or woman of many questions or experiences with old wood you may look at the item and wonder why it looks so perfect and restored for what it is instead of the "found" condition it should be in if it was a 100 year old relic left behind in an old house.

Comment

First off, I brought this item to the Studebaker Drivers Club because I thought that there might be an interest in Studebaker items of historical value, other than something you only shove a key into. I think that most of the members of this site appreciate the opportunity to see or purchase such an unique items. I came to this site because I would rather sell such a historic item to someone who would respect and display it than to someone that only wants to cut the cue up and convert it to novelty players stick. And to your statement about the good condition that you see this item and your doubt about the age of the cue, I suppose your Studebaker that you drive is a rusted piece of ____ that shows it's age. I think the only problem you have is that you are a bitter old man that doesn't want anyone coming into his yard.

Comment

Maybe you didn't read the rules about no personal attacks, StudeQue. Your auction would have found its way to this forum with, or without your less than subtle agenda to garner cash for it. Nobody's buying your concern for the cue's future, so ease up, we know you're trying to get it your target audience. That's fine, good luck. We'll watch.

It will sell well, but you should have found this site much earlier, or done your homework on Google for a more thorough and correct description.

The above post isn't bitter; like me he doesn't like to let it go when someone comes in here under the guise of doing us a favor like a buddy pointing out an eBay ad. You are right about one thing, though, we don't let just anyone in the yard.

Comment

Motives aside, it is an interesting item. Too bad about the nasty repaired break part way down the shaft.

Thomas

Comment

Wow,,,what's up with you 1950 Champion RegalDeluxe? Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed?

Comment

I have no issue with 1950 Champion RegalDeluxe's post. In fact, I agree with it.

Chip
                        '63 Cruiser daily driver
                        '57 Packard wagon on the road!
                        Chip
                        '63 Cruiser
                        '57 Packard wagon
                        '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                        '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

me, too.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Obviously I agree, too. You can tell how much respect he has for our marque in his response to him.
                            You'd have thought he'd figure it out when I re-spammed him with Stude sites in my first post. [)]

Comment

Not me...
                              The occasional post from an outsider bringing interesting stuff here should be welcomed, and not belittled.
                              Sure, an offshore hair dryer has no biz here...
                              But a Studebaker artifact, even if obscure, should be allowed.
                              At least he offered it up here.
                              Y'all should reflect on that.
                              If you personally are not interested...great.
                              Pass it on by.
                              But to excoriate someone for bringing a Studebaker historical item here?
                              C'mon....
                              Think hard about what you are saying.
                              Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by raoul5788

I have no issue with 1950 Champion RegalDeluxe's post. In fact, I agree with it.
                              Chip
                              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
                              X