Winter Maintenance - Pic Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Maintenance - Pic Warning

The last Studebaker outing for our Chapter was in early October this year and my vehicle licence expired at the end of October (storage insurance only for the winter). That along with the fact I am currently unemployed means it is a perfect time to carry out some of the more major maintenance items on my Transtar.

Earlier, I had removed and serviced the carburetor, intake manifold and valley cover. As you can see the water pump manifold, generator, battery tray, radiator and shroud have been taken out for clean-up, maintenance and paint.

This summer I picked up a NOS Climatizer Unit which has now received a fresh coat of paint. This will be replacing the current climatizer which is awaiting removal.

The battery tray is halfway through a repaint.

The water pump manifold assembly is removed and will get a thorough cleaning, repaint and new water pump before it returns to the truck.

I'm debating taking the radiator into a rad shop for a thorough cleaning and pressure testing.

A new instrument panel (completed earlier this year) and a freshly repainted air cleaner await installation.

The valve covers and oil caps will also get a good cleaning and new paint along with the generator. There is a set of new plug wires and spark plugs to install as well. There is also a glove box light to install, a new door latch, a new driveshaft centre support bearing... etc. etc.
    Oh well, it'll be March before he gets to hit the road again.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island Chapter
    http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Looks like you are doing everything right. hope all goes well in your work.

Comment

Nice jump on winter projects, Mark! Once I get the &^$%%^*&% leaves raked up in my yard, I will venture into the shop-and I just got a cord of firewood!
        See ya on the road in the NW next summer-[8D]
        Bruce Newell
        Yakima, Wa

Comment

I didn't think that truck could be any better. I guess I was wrong. Nice work! [^]

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks for the positive comments.

Good point Brad - I will be calling my radiator guy in the morning.

Bruce, I've got lots of leaves as well, but have decided not to clean them up until they are ALL on the ground! I will look forward to seeing you at the NW Overdrive in Portland next May.

Dick - Since he has been running really well, I did not think there was much to do either, but one thing seems to lead to another - bunch of little things really - I am just replacing some items because he's apart, not because there's been a problem. I figure if I do some of these items while I have the time, he will go for a long time before I need to do anything really major... that's the plan anyway![^]

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island Chapter
            http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
            X