New Wipers for 56 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Wipers for 56 Hawk

Who has the answer to moving that ugly wiper motor off the front side of the firewall and relocatinting it or something to the inside
    where it won't be visible. Come on Customizers!

Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca

try the hoffman group.com

fred

Comment

Surely someone has relocated their wiper motor from its original location on the firewall. Please help!

Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

One more source newportwipers.com 800-829-1929

fred

Comment

Woody

The problem with a hidden unit, as you well know, is the space issue under the dash. Certainly not impossible but a lot of work and frustration.

When I built 54K I wanted to at least clean up the area. After looking at a ton of units, I decided to go with a late 90's Camaro unit which hooks directly into the 98 Camaro steering column/wiring harness.

Connection was just a small conical adapter welded to the original Stude mechanism. It doesn't hide it but it looks much better.

FYI

Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob
              I was trying to lose it off the firewall completely. But I like what you did. I am also interested in your hanging pedals and booster.
              From the picture it looks S10 or some other chev. unit?? And your dual hood latches. Please tell me about them. Seems that everyone is concerned about the stock hood latch system on these cars. Like to hear more about your car. I have a Streetrod Shop, but I am not trying to reinvent the wheel here. The 56 Hawk is my own personal project.
              Brian

Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Brian

The pedal assembly, booster, M/C and proportioning valve are all off an 1989 IROC. I also used the IROC gas pedal assembly.

I smoothed the firewall and added a 3/16" plate behind it to stiffen the firewall as well as added an angle iron frame to hang the pedals from. You can stand on it with both feet and no flexing. You'll notice the contour cut into the fender liner for clearance.

The hood is secured by inverted pins that are bolted through the tubular hood bracing and go through the radiator shroud where the hood bumpers were originally located. That area is also reinforced from below. The hairpins slide into the pins between the grill and the grill shroud.

Happy to answer any questions you may have. That's the beauty of the forum.

Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob
                  I am going to pick your brain for more stuff as I go along.
                  I am sure Gord will like your two pin idea for the hood.
                  Briane

Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca
                  Brian Woods
                  woodysrods@shaw.ca

Comment

Working...
                  X