Love this car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love this car

It even seems to be a be a bargain to me.

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Hope you got lotsa money!
    It is a very nice car though.
    Buy it and come over to take me for a ride.

Dean.

Comment

Wow, beautifully presented. Some of the photos are pure art and worthy of making into larger framed pictures.

Other than the paint showing some aging, that car might be difficult to replicate at that price - unless the owner/restorer values their hourly rate at $0.

Thomas

Comment

Makes me want to buy that 39 that still for sale close to me at only 1,750. It needs a lot of work but if it turns out to be that nice, its the worth it.

1951 Commander Land cruiser

Comment

What's the go with the thermo fan over the engine ?

Matt
          Brisbane
          Australia
          Matt
          Brisbane
          Australia
          sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

My guess is that it wouldn't fit in the usual place so it was placed over the engine, interesting.

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

If the previous owner used that car in parades or for serious touring, he may have put that fan in there to disipate some of the heat build up in the engine compartment. It might have helped make it more comfortable for the passengers.

Doug

Venice, Florida
              1950 Champion 9G F1

Comment

Makes sense to me. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I speculate that the electric fan is another attempt at solving the often discussed mysterious "vapor lock" problem that plagued many makes of cars of the era.
                  That said...I love the car. Design wise, it needs nothing. Why anyone would want to alter the roof line, stance , or outward appearance of these cars when upgrading the power plants is beyond me. They highlight the days of artful craftsmanship when cars were more than cars...they were truly "Automobiles!"

John Clary
                  Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
                  SDC member since 1975
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Is ther eanything neater than late 30's headlight design? Not just Studebaker, but so many others.

Comment

I love '38s the best. This one is extremely nice. The "respray" isn't that presentable as they note, but should be easily fixed. Nice color. I'm guessing the factory didn't originally have a perfect 2009 shine on those, but that looks pretty sloppily applied. They also describe it as a "Loewy design". Though they retained him in '36, I thought he didn't collaborate with Exner until some time in 1939. Is this body design really a Loewy effort?
                      They also describe it as being used by the previous owner for tours and shows, yet list it with "0" miles. As Bams might suggest; set your reserve and start low for action. They have a BIN, what the heck? You'd think a museum would be more savvy. They sure have a beauty, though. [^]

Comment

This is one gorgeous automobile. The BIN looks reasonable to me.

Are the fender skirts a factory thing? I think they look good, but didn't know if they were standard equipment, an option or aftermarket.

Yeah, I could see me cruising through the country side in something like that......all I need now is the winning lottery ticket.

Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

JP, you are absolutely correct and this condition is worth every penny of the BIT asking price. Wish I had the $$$ and a place to store it. This reminds me of the 64 R-2 GT Hawk sold by RM at Hershey out of the Crawford Museum in Cleveland at hershey. That car brought a paltry $22K and in my opinion well under its value.
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Loewy did design the '38's. I'd yank the skirts, but otherwise that car doesn't need anything. I love the interior, just gorgeous.

Speaking of '38's, check out the December Turning Wheels.

Matthew Burnette
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Where DID I put that winning lottery ticket??? I've should've cashed it in by now!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1963 Cruiser
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe
                              1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X