View Full Version : What lifter cover do I use?

11-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm gonna install a AFB carb on my 299,am I to assume that only a late 62 - 64 cover will work for the PCV ? Thanks all.

Joseph R. Zeiger

11-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Up to you. IIRC the 4-barrels all had the PCV in the carb on the secondary (back) side but Edelbrock now says no, use the primary (front) side which is a nipple so you either use an inline PCV or one intended to mount vertically that screws into the late style cover. if you use an inline one you can use the earlier covers with the adapter that replaces the road draft tube.


55 Commander Starlight

11-04-2009, 12:18 AM
The lifter cover is the same...
What you need is the PCV adapter. It looks just like the road-draft tube, but the draft-tube is missing and a small elbow of 3/8" fuel line installed instead..
Sorry I can't be more specific or enclose a photo...

NA/SASCO used to sell them for $15-$17 the last few years...


Specializing in Studebaker Restoration