'64 Hawk Option list vs. "Performance" option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '64 Hawk Option list vs. "Performance" option

I pulled out my 4/97 TW to go over the article written by Fred Fox on the '64 GT Hawk. What was interesting to note is that there are several options added when you ordered just the R series engine that I did not remember. I was not aware that the radius rods/traction bars came with the R option only for instance. (My R-1 non-package Hawk did not have them, although I have added them.) I had thought this was a performance only option. Also, I thought I remembered that there were certain options that one only got with the "performance" option selection but it appears that one could order everything ala-carte for about the same money from what I can tell.

The reason I got to wondering is that my R2 Hawk was sold to me as a Superhawk. Before I bought it I checked with Ron Ellerbe formerly the keeper of the Jet Thrust News and he found the VIN was listed as an R2 Superhawk. I have gone through it and everything that a Superhawk is supposed to have from everything I have read and been told is there, including the red line tach. However, I finally bought the build sheet and it shows option 28 (R2) engine and then lists of each of the extra "Super" or "Performance" options chosen separately (even the seat belts, and tires as noted by the Fox article!) but not as option 37. It seems a bit odd to order them this way! I wonder if the factory seeing this order just put on the "performance" option stuff since it was the same?

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Could it be that one or more items of the "Package" are missing from your car, or were when delivered. That would explain why they were all individually ordered.

Supposing the buyer wanted a Super Hawk without Power Disc Brakes for instance, then it would have to be ordered as your's was![^]

I know you said all "Super" options are there now, but could you have missed something that is NOT on the Production Order and was added later? Just a guess as I am puzzled by it also, this happened on many '63's but supposedly NOT '64's.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
    X