Clear All

• Chuck Naugle's Pride and Joy

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

I still love this pic!
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thats Big Earl, former USMC truck.

Comment

Earl's Brothers

A few of Earl's brothers are still around as well, including this fellow on Vancouver Island.
        Attached Files
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander

Comment

That truck was a former navy truck and was a prototype. I have never seen it in person, but if it's like the other diesel down the road, I can already tell I like it.
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Chris D.

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
            That truck was a former navy truck and was a prototype. I have never seen it in person, but if it's like the other diesel down the road, I can already tell I like it.

BTW, these ex-USMC trucks are NOT Diesels... they are 8E40C models with a HD 289 powerplant.
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Hello, I am a friend of Chuck Naugle...he is recovering from a broken hip, and I wanted to do something for him so he will have incentive to keep moving.
              I see that you have a picture of Earl, and I know he loves this truck. There was an article in one of the older issues of Turning Wheels. It was Feb 2013. And Chuck's 1937 J30M was featured. I would like to get a picture of this truck so I can have it enlarged and framed for my friend. Do you think you could help me? I have tried to become a member of the SDC, but I guess I am not making my intentions clear. and have been unsuccessful. All I need is a jpg of that beautiful vehicle and I can make the gift I want for Charlie. I would appreciate any help you can offer.
              Sincerely,
              Terry Davis / Tucson AZ

Comment

Terry:

You shouldn't have any trouble joining SDC through the Club's website; just click on the SDC Home Page at the top of the forum, here, and follow the directions.

Here's the photo of Chuck's truck for you to copy and play with as you wish:

Give him our best and tell him we're all thinking of him. BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Terry:

You shouldn't have any trouble joining SDC through the Club's website; just click on the SDC Home Page at the top of the forum, here, and follow the directions.

Here's the photo of Chuck's truck for you to copy and play with as you wish:

Give him our best and tell him we're all thinking of him. BP
                  Bob - you have made my day! Thank you so very much!
                  We just love this truck - and the fact that Charlie has kept and collected these treasures over the years.
                  I will give him your regards, and can't wait to get this photo transferred to canvas!
                  Best - Terry and Bob Davis

Comment

Working...
                  X