No announcement yet.

Anyone have an extra copy of this book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an extra copy of this book?

Studebaker's Finest by John Bridges.
    I've been wanting to purchase this book for some time, but balked at the $52.00 price (40.00 book, 12.00 s&h from Stude Museum store) in true CASO style. I figured I'd ask if anyone here has an extra copy they would like to sell before ponying up the fifty-two bucks for a new one. Thanks. LH
    Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Have you tried Ebay?

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I think SI sells it. Check there web site. Also the SNM.

Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO
      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
      Gary Sanders
      Nixa, MO

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Lark Hunter

Studebaker's Finest by John Bridges.
        I've been wanting to purchase this book for some time, but balked at the $52.00 price (40.00 book, 12.00 s&h from Stude Museum store) in true CASO style. I figured I'd ask if anyone here has an extra copy they would like to sell before ponying up the fifty-two bucks for a new one. Thanks. LH
        Apparantly some book sellers think it's worth more?

and some more:

Comment

Bought mine from SI about a year ago. I dont remember the exact price,but they were less than what you quote at the time I bought mine. Steve

sigpic

Comment

SI's latest catalog has it listed for $39.95 plus postage. A lot better than the used prices posted above.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I bought it from S.I. and read it. The photos and research are amazing. Mr. Bridges' writing style I can do without. He should have used a ghost writer. Good research, though.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I've got an extra copy I'd let you have for less. It's paper jacket is gone and the PO used pen and pencil to make some notes in it, but it's still readable in every way. $30.00 to your door![^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

SI's latest catalog has it listed for $39.95 plus postage. A lot better than the used prices posted above.
                  Yeah i wonder how long they will hang onto these at those prices. But if they sell i may have to start flipping books to pad my retirement.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bridgegaurd

Yeah i wonder how long they will hang onto these at those prices. But if they sell i may have to start flipping books to pad my retirement.
                    $39.95 is more than fair for a hardcover book that is illustrated with photographs like that, and totally in line with most other hardcover books in the same format and size as seen in a bookstore. The postage and packaging price I also rate as fair, too, especially when you want a book like that to arrive in excellent shape upon arrival. I have that problem at work on a larger scale with factoring shipping costs, where it makes the delivered price seem totally out-to-lunch.

Craig

Comment

As Crig has said the price is very fair for a Hard Cover Book of this type. My wife is a manager of a B&N Bookstore and some of the Hard Cover books she has on the shelves are far more expensive than this one. I just purchased a copy of a book on old NASCAR tracks in the Carolinas for a research on some artiicles I'm about to write. The cost was $35.00. Yes it's a Hard Cover with about 157 pictures and over 150 pages. So $39.95 is good price. Bridges book is also on Amazon and BandN.com and shipping is potentially free if you meet the criteria on either site.
                      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

As Crig has said the price is very fair for a Hard Cover Book of this type. My wife is a manager of a B&N Bookstore and some of the Hard Cover books she has on the shelves are far more expensive than this one. I just purchased a copy of a book on old NASCAR tracks in the Carolinas for a research on some artiicles I'm about to write. The cost was $35.00. Yes it's a Hard Cover with about 157 pictures and over 150 pages. So $39.95 is good price. Bridges book is also on Amazon and BandN.com and shipping is potentially free if you meet the criteria on either site.
                        That is strange that you mention this. This month, I purchased a NASCAR book. It is 96 pages and hardbound. It consists of history of NASCAR mostly in color pictures and statistics. I paid $1, plus 8 cents tax, at the local dollar store. I went in for something else, but couldn't pass it up. It is a 2006 book, but that is new enough for me for history.

Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You can also try Amazon.com

Worth a try.
                          Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                          Smithtown,NY
                          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

WWW.Amazon.com has four used, from $125 to $299.99.

I'm glad SI still has them in stock.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
                            Tom Bredehoft
                            '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
                            '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
                            ....On the road, again....
                            '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
                            All Indiana built cars

Comment

Well, I finally purchased one from S.I. for forty bucks plus shipping. Probably coulda read it just as easily without the dust jacket... thanks for the fair offer, Mr Biggs. As far as the smokin' deals on Amazon go, I just couln't justify doing business with them, as they are not a Stude vendor. LH

Straight from the horse's mouth
                              Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

Working...
                              X