Bonneville Revistied by Granatelli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonneville Revistied by Granatelli

Haven't been on in several weeks, so don't know if it has been posted or not. Hemmings Muscle Machines magazine for December has a four page article about the 1963 records by Granatelli. Pictures from his album and discriptions by him. Very good reading and good that Studebaker is back in the press.

Dave B

"63 R1493 3sp.O/D

Just got my issue in today's mail. Vrey nice article with what I am sure are some very rare photographs.

Mike Jones
    Pembroke Pines, FL

Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Just got the HMM and my November Turning Wheels in the mail today. Read the Bonneville story first as I sit here before the computer. GREAT photos and recollections by Granatelli! My only question is what is going on with the rear quarters on the red and white GT Hawk?? Did a fuel cell burst?? [xx(]

I am now moving on to the issue of TW. Quit interupting me![8D]

Frank Remlinger
      SDC# A004602R
      Frank Remlinger
      Detroit, Michigan
      SDC# A004602R

Comment

I'm going to Borders for it! Just got my AARP membership card today and they say I can swipe it for a discount at Borders. Now, I know two things good about getting old. The first is cheap senior coffee at McDonalds. Huck

Gary Hildebrandt
        Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

great read...wishing I could have a run...

64 GT R1 4sp Hawk(pkg)
          Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC
          64 GT R1 4sp Hawk
          Mohawk Trails Chapter SDC

Comment

What you see is gas spilling out each of the two one inch vents, a sign the tank was full. Do you rhink the epa would condone such actions these days?

quote:Originally posted by fastfritz

Just got the HMM and my November Turning Wheels in the mail today. Read the Bonneville story first as I sit here before the computer. GREAT photos and recollections by Granatelli! My only question is what is going on with the rear quarters on the red and white GT Hawk?? Did a fuel cell burst?? [xx(]

I am now moving on to the issue of TW. Quit interupting me![8D]

Frank Remlinger
            SDC# A004602R

Comment

I sure hope they washed those cars thoroughly after all those runs in the salt!!

Craig

Comment

Got a copy today, wasn't on the news stands here last week. Only four pages, but many photos I hadn't seen before and most of them in color!

HEY, you're not Wilbur!
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
                X