Ornithology at Paton Motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ornithology at Paton Motors

Took the Lark in for servicing at Patons last week; by happenstance the next day the new owner of a '61 Humber Super Snipe saloon did likewise, resulting in the mildly unusual sight of these two vintage vehicles with avian names parked (perched?) side by side in front of the shop. It was drizzly and miserable, but this shot turned out not too terribly bad...I think the Humber's front end rather favours the '58 Studebaker sedans, but the car, a straight-six of similar dimensions to the Lark, would have been a Cruiser competitor. This one has been in Canada since new and is LHD.

S.

Birds of a feather flock together?
    Neat picture.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Move the van and correct the lights and signage and you could have a vintage photo. Nice shot.

1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas
      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Noticed something while on my fall colour run last weekend. Neal at Paton's obviously has tremendous confidence in his workmanship: the little windshield decal indicates I next need to bring the Lark in in the spring of 2110...

S.

Comment

Working...
        X