Peg trans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peg trans.

I know some of you used Peg trucking for transporting cars. How are they to work with, do they ever add on surcharges taxes, or other hidden charges when the car is delivered? Are they on or near the delivery date promised? Thanks Ed

Answers in order:

Great
    Never
    Yes

Peg has done several for me now, as well as others. She's great to deal with, and once she gives the date it's always been when she said. She's careful about the truckers she uses, and they've all been great to me. And, her haulers know the proper way to tie down a Stude without damage, important with their chintzy frames...

You can usually get quotes for a little less, but it's worth the extra to book it and not have to worry. And as a bonus, she's a great lady to talk to![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thanks Bob.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Answers in order:

Great
        Never
        Yes

Peg has done several for me now, as well as others. She's great to deal with, and once she gives the date it's always been when she said. She's careful about the truckers she uses, and they've all been great to me. And, her haulers know the proper way to tie down a Stude without damage, important with their chintzy frames...

You can usually get quotes for a little less, but it's worth the extra to book it and not have to worry. And as a bonus, she's a great lady to talk to![8D]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

If she disappoints you in any way, let me know, and I'll call her. She's always fixed any problems for me.

JDP/Maryland
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Not so fast...that wasn't my experience

I tried to arrange the transport of a car from western Michigan to upstate NY...what a disaster. The worst communication I have ever had from a company,(person). I had to initiate every inquiry as to when the car would be picked up...finally into the third week I was told that she still couldn't give me a date for pickup. It was at this point we parted ways, her attitude seemed a little lack luster, IMHO.

I then contacted a broker out of Florida. I told them exactly what I wanted, two days later the car was picked up, in an enclosed trailer, and the next day delivered it to it's destination. The driver contacted me a few times enroute to let me know his progress, he even arrived 30 minutes early.

I know every one can have a bad day but not 20 or so days in a row...

Bill Foy
          Kingston, Ontario
          1964 Wagonaire Slider
          Bill Foy
          1000 Islands, Ontario
          1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

another good transporter on an open trailer - Studebaker and Hudson guy-- based in Texas
            Jim Guinn for transport. He can be reached at 940-389-8997 (cell), and his email is JJimsresto@aol.com
            64 Champ long bed V8
            55/53 Studebaker President S/R
            53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

I have shipped more cars and truck than most in the Studebaker world and most of the time new owner get their own hauler but every time they are to get in touch with me ahead of time so I can be sure to be here and have things ready to go , I can't think of once did I get advanced notice more than an hour or 2 before they got there to pick up, each time it burned my butt, but by the time the guy got there I had gotten over it and remembered he is only a driver making a living driving for some else and goes where he is told and when, some get their route change at the last minute by the main office and most drivers are really good guys and a pleasure to work with, lot of them out there and prices do vary some and some times a lot, but the real cheap one might not do the best job. I found the best hauler is myself and really try to do what I say I will do, but at time I must hire some one else, good luck..ED and I think you are looking to one to pick up the 62 Convert. right??

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
              canbstudebakers-
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Captain Billy

I tried to arrange the transport of a car from western Michigan to upstate NY...what a disaster. The worst communication I have ever had from a company,(person). I had to initiate every inquiry as to when the car would be picked up...finally into the third week I was told that she still couldn't give me a date for pickup. It was at this point we parted ways, her attitude seemed a little lack luster, IMHO.

I then contacted a broker out of Florida. I told them exactly what I wanted, two days later the car was picked up, in an enclosed trailer, and the next day delivered it to it's destination. The driver contacted me a few times enroute to let me know his progress, he even arrived 30 minutes early.

I know every one can have a bad day but not 20 or so days in a row...

Bill Foy
                Kingston, Ontario
                1964 Wagonaire Slider
                Sorry to hear of your problem, I wish I'd have known about it, Peg tries hard, but it sounds like you had a problem.

JDP/Maryland
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your response. Ed

Comment

Kerry, you are refering to the short fella that muscles things around by himself. I met Jim a couple years ago,real nice guy to do business with!

Joseph R. Zeiger
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Depends on when...
                      IIRC, It would be good to remember PEG is a widow, who's husband died on the road delivering cars to hobbyist's...
                      It's awfully easy to pick at someone when they are down, and not consider the big picture...
                      My experience with PEG was just fine.......
                      Jeff[8D]

<snip>

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Depends on when...
                        IIRC, It would be good to remember PEG is a widow, who's husband died on the road delivering cars to hobbyist's...
                        It's awfully easy to pick at someone when they are down, and not consider the big picture...
                        My experience with PEG was just fine.......
                        Jeff[8D]

<snip>

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
                        I'm afraid I had a negative experience with Peg Trucking, my first time out. I was quoted a low price, in writing, which Peg would not honor later ('a former employee gave that quote'). Peg's revised quote was nearly double. In what I thought was a goodwill gesture on my part, I offered to stick with them if she would match the next-to-lowest quote I got from another place (actually two quotes above Peg's first; about $200 more than Peg)and she pretty-flatly said 'no'. I went with another place, cheaper, good communication, and the car was tied down with straps around the tires. I was very pleased--now, only if the car itself was as described!

Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                        '64 Daytona Hardtop
                        Bill Pressler
                        Kent, OH
                        (formerly Greenville, PA)
                        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                        All are in Australia now

Comment

I don't feel my comments are out of line as this was my experience. I'm sorry for her loss, but that should not be in play here.

Bill Foy
                          Kingston, Ontario
                          1964 Wagonaire Slider
                          Bill Foy
                          1000 Islands, Ontario
                          1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I use Peg trucking all the time
                            she is the best& takes good care of her customers
                            John

Comment

Working...