Lake Mirror Show Studebakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Mirror Show Studebakers

The following Studebakers were at the Lake Mirror Classic in Lakeland, Florida this past weekend. The Avanti is a real deal R3.

Mike Jones
    Pembroke Pines, FL

Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
    Fort Worth, TX

Just to clear any confusion... The Avanti is not one of the 9 factory R3's. This particular car does have an early (299 CI) R3 that was was installed back in the mid-late '60's, IIRC. I think the owner told me if was the 5th R3 built, but don't hold me to it.

Regardless, it is a real R3 engine and one heckuva nice car. First R3 powered car I ever rode in. [8D] The owner told me that when I turned 18, I could take it for a spin. Unfortunately I haven't had that chance yet. [:I]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

No confusion Matthew...
      It has a Granatelli R3 engine added later.
      This is the guy that freaked out when that R3 clone I worked on was sold on Ebay and his R3 powered car was linked to for reference.
      He was aghast that his 'genuine' R3 clone would be mentioned in the same breath as a 'built up' R3 clone...
      A very nice car with an interesting history..
      Ask the owner for the real details.
      I love the car....
      The attitude left me cold.

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Just to clear any confusion... The Avanti is not one of the 9 factory R3's. This particular car does have an early (299 CI) R3 that was was installed back in the mid-late '60's, IIRC. I think the owner told me if was the 5th R3 built, but don't hold me to it.

Regardless, it is a real R3 engine and one heckuva nice car. First R3 powered car I ever rode in. [8D] The owner told me that when I turned 18, I could take it for a spin. Unfortunately I haven't had that chance yet. [:I]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
      X