New gas freindly hose.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gas freindly hose.

Was just talking with a buddy of mine,"non - Stude guy".he is heading up the engine swap in my Champ,he says we'll need to upgrade to the new type rubber fuel hose,as the new crap gas we deal with eats up what we've been using,thought he said something about goodyear having hose?

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

All of the Parts Stores now sell the heavy duty high pressure fuel injection hose that is Alcohol resistant, maybe that's it.

You should only need 14-16 inches or so of 5/16" fuel hose for the two flex hoses, one at the fuel pump end, and one at the tank end.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Not sure but will find out.that leads me to another question,why not void the gas hose and run hard line all the way?

Joseph R. Zeiger
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

No rubber hose on a Champ tanks end .

[IMG]
        Home of the Fried Green Tomato
        "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
        1964 Daytona HT
        1966 Daytona SS
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63t-cab

Not sure but will find out.that leads me to another question,why not void the gas hose and run hard line all the way?
          You can NOT do that, the engine has to be able to move, which will work harden and break the hard line.

The only other way is to go back to the old 1957 and prior, braided flex hose with fittings to screw onto the pump and hard line, way more expensive.

StudeRich
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

If you do end up with rubber somewhere the FI hose is the only way to go. The old neoprene stuff only lasts a few months now but the FI hose I've installed has been deterioration free for years now.

I find it in my parts store packaged in plastic hanging on a rack--DAYCO brand.

Best so far 15.065 @ 91.84 MPH Island Dragway Great Meadows NJ Summer 2009.

Comment

The hose spec. is 30R9 or "multifuel" hose.

Comment

My NAPA salesman recently told me that Gates Rubber is coming out with a reformulated hose that won't be effected by the reformulated gas. When Napa has the stuff in stock, I'm buying a roll and replacing the hoses in my Studebakers. Bud

Comment

I have replaced all the fuel hoses on my 63 Avanti a few years ago with
                  the new fuel injection hose.Also recently on my 62 Champ no problems i also
                  use Marvel Mystery oil in the gas.

Lenny
                  Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Working...
                  X