Had a great Studebaker day on friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a great Studebaker day on friday

Me and my son Eddie went to South Bend last friday.Out first stop Was Bendix woods,we noticed the gate was open so we went in to check out the Studebaker Clubhouse.The door was open so we went in and got to meet Melissa and she gave us some history on the building and a tour.More on this later.Next went to Tom Karkewiczs Stude farm and had a great visit as usual.After lunch went to the Museum to renew our membership and look around.Found the brick my son had engraved for our family last christmas.Also ran into Andy at the arcives and looked up the VIN info on my sons 59 Scotsman truck.This info was very helpful.Next went to Sasco and said hi to Ed while he was outside loading his truck,didnt want to get in way.Went home and started back on the 59 pickup.It was a great Stude day! Ed

Ed, why didn't you tell me that your son had a '59 Scotsman? What's the model number?

Here's my work in progress.

BTW, I'd be more than happy to post any pictures for ya. Send 'em to mbstude@gmail.com I know everyone here would love to see those ratty old cars of yours.

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Its an E-1 ? half ton 6foot bed.We bought it in 93 with a V-8 three speed in general used condition.Eddie has always liked this since we got it and last January got it out of long time storage and got busy.We took the summer off so we have started back on it now.Have to paint a few items and keep putting it back together,will try to do pictures soon.We have had a fun time doing this project with friends stopping buy and have three generations working on this,My dad,me and my son Eddie.Eddie has plans on it going to the May meet in South Bend next spring.Thanks Ed

Comment

Actual progress, Matthew. [8D] Mr Speed 53, a tour like you just had sounds like a perfect weekend. Tommy's always busy with the bus when I've been there lately. That's a great place to hunt for parts. Yes, let's see some pictures.

Comment

Sorry Mathew for not telling you I like your truck!Looks like its very solid.Are you keeping it Orange? if so I have an affordable source for Omaha Orange if thats the color.Ed

Comment

Thanks Ed. You may have seen it in SB in '07. It had a fresh Orange paint job at the time that hasn't held up well from sitting outside for so long. Last year I had to make a panic stop and blew a wheel cylinder. I hit the Ford truck in front of me and it destroyed everything forward of the front wheels. (radiator, hood, fenders, grille, etc.) The Ford got a dented tailgate. After letting it sit for a while, I located all the needed parts to get it back on the road and it's slowly getting there. The flathead 6 came out and there's now a FF 289 in it's place. When I get done, not much will be left stock. But it's how I want it. So far I've done nearly everything myself and might even try painting it as well. We'll see.

Yea, it's a real solid truck and has been in Hazlehurst since 1960. It's been Orange since my uncle bought it in '94, and will be Orange when I repaint it. I'd take you up on your offer if I didn't already have the paint. Thanks though.

Now.. Send me some pics of that underpowered Avanti.

Matthew Burnette
            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Ed Please send me an EMail with you email address.
              Thanks James Maxey III
              Studelark at comcast.net
              sigpic

Comment

Jim my E-mail is mrspeed53@wowway.com.I got this off the model kit that my dad had up on the cabinet too high for me to reach when I was a kid.Now I have plenty of them of my own.It was nice to spend time with you and your dad in Cedar Rapids.Ed

Comment

Good to see you're making progress on the Pumpkin Matthew!

<h5>Mark
                  '57 Transtar Deluxe
                  Vancouver Island Chapter
                  http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Eddie, (Mr Speed)

Good to see your postings...now hurry up and finish that truck, I have some work for you to do!

take care,

Eric DeRosa

'49 2R-5 (original Survivor)
                    '63 R2 Lark (barely surviving)
                    Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
                    \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

quote:Originally posted by LarkR2Clone

Ed Please send me an EMail with you email address.
                      Thanks James Maxey III
                      Studelark at comcast.net
                      James, about time ya got back on here! lol. Was gonna stop by on sunday and bug ya about the pink lark with some hub caps I found, but ya werent out! LOL[]

Chris Dresbach
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                      X