View Full Version : Thread Clips

10-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Anybody know where to get the thread clips that hold the front grill assy together on a 64 lark? They look like a small acme thread and I think the major dia is about .312

Dan Giblin
Cincinnati, OH

10-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Thread clips or U - nuts?

Give this a minute to load...


1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1963 Cruiser
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door

10-15-2009, 09:27 PM
I think they are called u clips. All of the clips on the tinnerman site are AB style threads or extruded machine threads. I think they are known as speed lead threads.

Dan Giblin
Cincinnati, OH

10-16-2009, 10:33 AM
I think what are describing are known generically as J-nuts. At least, that's what I call 'em on the box in my bolt bin. The ones used for Lark sheet metal did have a very square-profile thread like an Acme thread, and I believe there were two sizes, 1/4" and 5/16".

There is a weird and wonderful variety of such products. Unless you need to be scrupulously authentic for a concours car, I'd suggest simply taking specimens of the various sizes you need to an autobody supply dealer or fastener dealer, and buying the best current equivalent, and the bolts to match.

I save this stuff when I part out a car, so I usually have the exact part on hand when I need it. Once I find it, that is.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands