Anybody know what this part is???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know what this part is???

I got what appears to be some sort of hood emblum for what I think is out of the 40s for $5 at a show the other day. Only not really shure what it's off of. Starting to think it might be early production or expariemental-[?] Today I fineally got a chance to sit down and get a good look at it and I didnt notice it before, but it does have a number on it: X0-675. It is chrome, semi long but a funny looking triangular shape to it with seven circles or "dots" that line the top and has gold colored "squared off" "S" on it. It is in basically NOS condition, thats why I got it. Anybody know what it is or able to trace the number?[?][?][?]

Chris Dresbach
    Chris Dresbach

Dude, give us some pictures. And post your racing tractor while you're at it.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Chris, I'm still waitin' on the pics. Email them to me and tell me what ya want for it.

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

GOTTA GET MY GRANDMAS DIGITAL CAMERA![V] Thats about as easy as drag racing an old ww2 stude army truck agens john forces funny car and winning![V] I will get some pics though, tractor still needs some fresh paint and the grille mounted, it took a beating this year racing. It is an oval tractor! (get it? oval tracker-tractor. haha.) Still, anybody know the number by any chance? And yes Ill get some pics!!!

Chris Dresbach
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

"Seven dots across the top." Sounds like that funky dash board piece from 50,51,52? Can't remember which year, but someone will. I'm sure that's it.

EDIT: Just got into my one parts book. '50 Champion. #291081WP used on glove box door. BTW: Dots go on bottom. Pics, anyone?
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I hereby make a motion to nominate Chris as Ambassador To South Bend and suggest we chip in to by him a digital camera so he can keep us abreast of the activity in South Bend (Studebaker) Indiana.

Comment

Ok, found a pic of simiular "part" and save it to my flashdrive. So... how exactly do I get the pic here? Im kind of a computer idiot... lol.[?]

Chris Dresbach
              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Go to the top of the previous page and read Bob Shaws instructions and watch his YouTube video. Then with some trial and error, you will get it! As for pitching in to buy you a camera, I would be in favor of doing that as long as you can save building #92.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                sigpic

Comment

I looked... Still confused... Eh, Ill ask my computer teacher at school tomorrow. Computer genieous with a thing for Studebakers! And trust me, been working 24/7 trying to save #92!

Chris Dresbach
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Did you watch the video?

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                    sigpic

Comment

And here I was, thinking it was some one-off prototype piece. [)]

Chris, this it?

Matthew Burnette
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

geesh, a whole thread for a common, ordinary, everyday glove box emblem. whew.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

Ordinary? Thats crazy talk! There's nothing ordinary about Studebakers! [8D]

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                          sigpic

Comment

Matthew Burnette
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Yep! Only mine has bright gold on it. What is it, ive just NEVER seen one before?

Chris Dresbach
                              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                              X