What do I do with Studebaker parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I do with Studebaker parts?

My grandfather had many Studebakers and Volvos, among other cars. After he died the cars and larger parts were removed, however the barn still has parts in it. He spent alot of time at Studebaker meets buying and selling parts which leads me to believe that the majority of car parts left in the barn are for Studebakers. I could be wrong. Some are in original boxes, others not identifiable by me, as I don't know anything about cars. The condition of the parts varies. My question is this-are these parts valued to anyone and if so how do I get them into those hands without researched and listing each individual one? Ideally, I would like to see them taken in a lot or several lots inexpensively. Is this realistic or should they go to the dump? Any suggestions out there?

Welcome, and thanks for finding us rather than hauling the stuff to the dump. It'd be well worth it for anyone close by to look into it.

Alright guys, who's close to Chepachet, RI? Someone check this out. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I would say they definetly should not go to the dump. Where do you have these parts?
      Most likely the best thing to do is to get a local Stude buff over there or three if possible, Have them look the stuff over to get some idea what is there.
      You could then put together a list of the parts and put them up for sale as an entire lot.
      I'm sure there will be more ideascoming your way but this is just one option.
      Dean Pearson.

Comment

Call yourself SASCO and get a website. May as well take advantage of whatever good will may still be lurking out there
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

There's a free dump very close to where I live. Just go right up my driveway and you'll see an open spot between the silverhawk and the GT. Seriously, post pics on here of every single part and you will find out what they are worth. Start with die cast chrome pieces.

Comment

In fairness to Ms. Maratta, there must be a SDC member who lives within a reasonable distance that could ahve a look see and advise her accordingly. I'd do it, but a coast to coast trip at this time of year is getting a bit dicey weather wise.

Ms. Maratta - At the same time I recognize that a few posted pictures may help to whet someones appetite to come have a look.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island Chapter
            http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Profile says Rhode Island.
              Perhaps a NE member could help out.

quote:Originally posted by dean pearson

I would say they definetly should not go to the dump. Where do you have these parts?
              Most likely the best thing to do is to get a local Stude buff over there or three if possible, Have them look the stuff over to get some idea what is there.
              You could then put together a list of the parts and put them up for sale as an entire lot.
              I'm sure there will be more ideascoming your way but this is just one option.
              Dean Pearson.
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

There is a SDC member in Chepachet, Ri. Joe Taylor. Send me a E-Mail and I will give you his Phone number

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Comment

I'm about 40 miles from there. I sent Ms. Maratta an email offering to take a look.

[img=left]http://www.studegarage.com/images/indy/gary_indycar25_vvsm.jpg[/img=left] Gary Ash
                  Dartmouth, Mass.
                  '32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                  '48 M5
                  '65 Wagonaire Commander
                  '63 Wagonaire Standard
                  web site at http://www.studegarage.com
                  Gary Ash
                  Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
                  ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
                  '48 M5
                  '65 Wagonaire Commander
                  '63 Wagonaire Standard
                  web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by buddymander

There's a free dump very close to where I live. Just go right up my driveway and you'll see an open spot between the silverhawk and the GT. Seriously, post pics on here of every single part and you will find out what they are worth. Start with die cast chrome pieces.
                    I know a better dump close to where I live, MY front lawn![] lol

Chris Dresbach
                    Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                    X