PDA

View Full Version : Needed Part



putnpar
10-13-2009, 10:27 PM
I need a power steering control valve off of a Studebaker or lark year 1959 to 1964. If you have any information where I might look,
I would be grateful. Please respond here or e-mail putnpar@prodigy.net Thanks!

rockne10
10-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Identifying the part number from the chassis parts catalog would help.
Identifying the vehicle in question would help.
Factory Chassis Parts Catalogs are available from several Stude vendors. These same vendors probably have the part you need.
http://www.studebakervendors.com/

Brad Johnson
Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/Rockne/th_Rocknegauges.jpg'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Roscomacaw
10-14-2009, 01:18 PM
There were actually some changes to those valves in those years. You need to specify a bit more.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/30906179/aview/58_Avatar.jpg
1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1963 Cruiser
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door

Skip Lackie
10-14-2009, 02:16 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

There were actually some changes to those valves in those years. You need to specify a bit more.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/30906179/aview/58_Avatar.jpg
1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1963 Cruiser
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door



Mr. B is correct. For one thing, the size of at least one of the hose fittings was changed.

Skip Lackie
Washington DC

putnpar
10-14-2009, 04:31 PM
What I need is the main body of the valve, I have all of the hardware to attach it. My mechanic says that the main valve is the same but they all have different part numbers. Thanks for responding and would appreciate any other advice. Pat


quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

There were actually some changes to those valves in those years. You need to specify a bit more.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/30906179/aview/58_Avatar.jpg
1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1963 Cruiser
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door

Roscomacaw
10-14-2009, 05:05 PM
What Skip said. I think it was 64 where they used larger ports on the control valve. This wouldn't be that much of a problem if you had hoses with fittings to match, but it you tried to use earlier hoses with a later valve, it would be impossible to make it work.
IF you have a WHOLE system from a given year, it should work just fine. But just looking for a valve, you'll have to know what size hose ends there are existing. Of course, new hoses can be had, but that's more expense of course.;)

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/30906179/aview/58_Avatar.jpg
1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1963 Cruiser
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door

Skip Lackie
10-14-2009, 05:22 PM
quote:Originally posted by putnpar

What I need is the main body of the valve, I have all of the hardware to attach it. My mechanic says that the main valve is the same but they all have different part numbers. Thanks for responding and would appreciate any other advice. Pat





With all due respect, I do not think your mechanic is correct. The 59-64 valve bodies are not all the same or interchangeable. You might have better luck if you specified what year the rest of the parts (especially hoses) came from.

Skip Lackie
Washington DC

Retired
10-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Helms in Texas has new and rebult p/s units. See TW's for his ad.

Richard

putnpar
10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Thank's for the info. I am not sure what TW's is?

quote:Originally posted by Retired

Helms in Texas has new and rebult p/s units. See TW's for his ad.

Richard

lewdstude
10-15-2009, 01:51 PM
[quote]Originally posted by putnpar

Thank's for the info. I am not sure what TW's is?
[quote]

Turning Wheels is a monthly publication by the Studebaker Drivers Club. Go to the SDC home page for information about it.

Roscomacaw
10-15-2009, 01:53 PM
TW is Turning Wheels - the official publication of the Studebaker Drivers Club. If you're not a member, you should be.

Bob Helm's number is 972-843-3402 After 6PM Texas time.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/30906179/aview/58_Avatar.jpg
1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1963 Cruiser
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President two door