Lark Headrests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Headrests

I suppose the answer will be - very rare and expensive, but does anyone have a line on some, am thinking they'd be nice in my Lark if I can find a set.

I take it they aren't adjustable like modern ones, just sit on top the seat?

PS I did a search on the topic and Leonard once had a set (he thought), thought I'd try anyway in case things had changed.

Alternately, are there plans so that they could be made?

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

John,
    I went to the wreckers and got a pair from a modern car (? year) with a single riser and attached reciever, this was easily adapted to the frame work of my 64 Wagonaire's bench seat assembly. The headrest portion of the assembly is approximatley the same size and shape as the accessory headrests offered by Studebaker.

I have no pictures at this time but can get some of the final look if you would like.

Bill

Bill Foy
    Kingston, Ontario
    1964 Wagonaire Slider
    Bill Foy
    1000 Islands, Ontario
    1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

I suppose the answer will be - very rare and expensive, but does anyone have a line on some, am thinking they'd be nice in my Lark if I can find a set.
      They really aren't that expensive.. I have bought/sold several sets over the years. I do not have a current line on a pair.

quote:I take it they aren't adjustable like modern ones, just sit on top the seat?
      No, they ARE adjustable- up and down only. There is a spring-loaded ball that holds them in place. They have a bracket that slips inside the seat and is screwed to the top (tubing) of the seat frame. Then the bottom is attached to the seat bracing. The Headrest and post just slip into the bracket.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
      Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
      Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

You just missed a set on Ebay - they went for $138 for the pair. AMC used virtually the same setup at the time (just different upholstery), but they don't seem to be any easier to find.

Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        '60 Lark HT
        '63 Wagonaire
        '66 Frankenbaker
        Scott Rodgers
        Los Angeles
        SDC Member since 1989
        \'60 Lark HT
        \'63 Wagonaire
        \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I'll keep my eye out for a pair.

John Clements
          Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
          X