Daytona hood swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona hood swap

I am considering doing a hood swap on Sarah.My new and improved hood has been sitting in my basement for some time now and I'd like to get it out of there.The unbolting is obviously simple enough,but is there any trick to removing/installing the torsion rods?Yes, I have a shop manual.I did this about 5 years ago but forgot how I did this. Thanx for your help!!

I re-installed a hood on my 63 Lark back in 1992 by myself after doing an engine swap. I dont recall it being very difficult although I did scratch the paint on the top of the cowl. In conclussion, get 1 or 2 guys to lend a hand.

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I'll definitely have some help;my nephew and maybe my brother as well.One question I forgot to ask is, can you 'thread' the torsion rods through the hood when it is on the car?I don't remember this being much of an issue the last time.I will also be replacing both hood hinges.(The one seems to be original,but the other side is homemade.)

Comment

If you have to do it yourself, go to a home improvement store, and pick up a stick of armaflex. Cut the armaflex open, and wrap the corners of the hood, so that they won't damage the fenders.

Comment

Working...
        X