1962 Bucket Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Bucket Seats

I'm inquiring about the availability of bucket seats and a console for my 1962 Lark Regal sedan.

Does anyone have a set?

I see this set on ebay:

If I have to pay this and get them shipped here say with gear Bob Peterson is shipping I will do so, but thought someone may have something better?

Comments anyone?

I imagine if stripped and rebuilt these will be satisfactory?

Is Arcadia near San Francisco???

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

Arcadia is around Los Angeles

Comment

That set's been on Ebay quite a few times. In my opinion, it's way overpriced. Finding a set can be really hard though and it might take awhile to find another one. You'll have to decide if it's worth the money. Yes - they should be rebuildable and reproduction upholstery is available from Phantom Interiors.

The old SASCO had NOS consoles and lids. They should be reopening soon under the ownership of Studebaker International - check their website for news. Also, you might want to send email to some of the people listing parts for sale in Turning Wheels. There's always a couple listing Lark parts from whole cars. Someone should have a set that is in at least the same condition as the Ebay ones for less money.

Scott Rodgers
      Los Angeles
      SDC Member since 1989
      '60 Lark HT
      '63 Wagonaire
      '66 Frankenbaker
      Scott Rodgers
      Los Angeles
      SDC Member since 1989
      \'60 Lark HT
      \'63 Wagonaire
      \'66 Frankenbaker

Comment

I have seen those same seats listed for over a year now, maby you could e-mail them with a offer.

fred

Comment

Are those the same as Hawk? I'm thinking about selling my 62 Gt interior. Black.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll hang off for a bit then, as you say Ed Reynolds may find stuff when the old SASCO gear gets sorted out. I don't know about Hawk interiors being the same as those of a Lark.

John Clements
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

Ed Reynolds may find stuff when the old SASCO gear gets sorted out.
              JDP will bear me out, after the first move to where SASCO is TODAY, Dennis came across 7 sets, yes SEVEN complete sets of 56 Hawk hardboard headliner kits. IIFRC, Dennis told John and around 10:30 John posted on alt.autos.Studebaker the exisatnce and that Dennis wanted $250 a set. By noon they were all gone, so who knows what will be found

BG

Comment

I have a line on a nice set from a fellow in PA, hopefully it'll work out.

John Clements
                Lockleys South Australia
                John Clements

Comment

Good day John,
                  just out of curiousity, about how much would it cost to have such seats shipped to southern Australia? I think we in the U.S. take for granted the parts availability that we have here and seldom need anything shipped very far. Good luck with your project!

Brent's rootbeer racer.
                  MN iron ore...it does your body good.
                  sigpic
                  In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Brent, I just had a Corvette engine block shipped from P.A. to San. Francisico and that cost me $500 US. Then it still has to be packed in a container and shipped. Another $200 maybe. Bucket seats aren't as heavy as a engine block but combined are a larger object. Moving car parts across the US becomes expensive for shipping. His best bet is to buy them of Bob Peterson and freight them with Ian MacKellar!
                    Brian Greenall
                    Melbourne, OZ
                    sigpic

Comment

Well Brent, I imagine it would cost around US$350 to $US$500 to ship from LA to Newcastle New South Wales, however I am hoping they can be sent to Bob Peterson for shipping in a car he is sending to Ian Mckellar.

I have asked the vendor in PA to liase with Bob and give me a total cost after which I can pay them, freight to Australia to be determined by Ian Mckellar as he's paying for the box of goods. Interestingly, I was speaking to a vendor from Queensland (think Maine) who said he's getting a container load of stuff from SASCO (fortunately on the water now) though as he hasn't got any invoices he doesn't know until the container arrives what is in it. He told me it is cheaper to drive a car from Indiana to LA than to ship it, but he sends his stuff with gear from a US company with an office in Victoria and thus saves shipping.

Ultimately, the most important thing is correct paperwork to avoid hassles either end.

This site really blows me away as I had 2 offers of seats in less than 24hrs, just wonderful.

John Clements
                      Lockleys South Australia
                      John Clements

Comment

My bucket seats and console, in a little better shape, cost me $880. Of course, that also came with a car attached to them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Tom - Mulberry, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2125.60)

1964 Studebaker Commander 170-1V, 3-speed w/OD (Cost to Date: $623.67)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                        X