Mushy door locks & new pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mushy door locks & new pipes

Has anyone had success having door locks 'freshened up' by a locksmith? The ones from my 63 Lark are just worn out.

Also, has anyone found it cost effective to order an exhaust system from one of our advertisers in TW? I'm interested in a non-stainless dual for my Lark project and the alternative is having it towed to my local exhaust shop.

I bought an aluminized set from Dave T-bow years ago that fit like a glove for my Avanti. The only thing I would do now is use the stainless steel "band type clamps" that NAPA sells. They aren't cheap but look cool & if you ever need to take the pipes apart for any reason, it's an easy thing to do since they dont put a ridge in the pipe.

As far as your locks go, I have a locksmith in Torrance that rekeys all my locks to the same key. That way I only have an ignition & trunk key for all my Studes & they are tight. If you have another key for the car, try it. Perhaps it isnt worn as bad as the one you use all the time.

60 Lark convertible
    61 Champ
    62 Daytona convertible
    63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2)
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

It would be better to have the locks rebuilt. As the metal key wears, so does the internals of the mechanism. A new key or less worn key might not even work in the lock.

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

I bought the Parks Pipes exhaust for my 55 ck and it fit well and was priced right. Good service

Comment

Working...
        X