View Full Version : Trunk letter gazintas

10-07-2009, 07:40 PM
The previous owner of my 63 Lark project used body filler over the letter holes in both the trunk and fenders - where L-A-R-K letters are very stylishly situated. The car's mostly back together and I'm looking for the little friction gizmos that hold the letter posts.
My Body manual only says "clips". Has anyone found these at hardware or parts places?


Don Kelstrom
10-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Hey Tom,

I've found those at the local auto paint store in their bins of clips.

10-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Tom, you need barrel clips in the sheetmetal first then push the letters into the holes.SI must have those?

Joseph R. Zeiger

10-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I believe those letters were retained with the flat clips pushed on from the back. Barrel clips were used in earlier models.
Both are available from auto body supply stores.
Many body shops that have been around for a while would have their own supply. The both come in a variety of sizes.

Brad Johnson
Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g233/rockne10/Rockne/th_Rocknegauges.jpg'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

10-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks Brad, I've actually r.r'd those over the years,but the brain could only come up with "barrel".

Joseph R. Zeiger

Warren Webb
10-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Those body shops would probably be happy to sell them since all new cars have their mouldings & emblems glued on with 2 sided tape.

60 Lark convertible
61 Champ
62 Daytona convertible
63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
63 Avanti (2)
66 Daytona Sport Sedan

10-07-2009, 09:01 PM
You can fabricate the metal clips (without metal) by cutting 1/2 by 3/4 in rectangles out of butter tub tops. With a large needle, punch a hole in the center, press this over the pins that go thru the fender. Before pressing, put a dab of weather strip adhesive on the plastic.

Tom Bredehoft
'53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
'55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
....On the road, again....
'05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
All Indiana built cars

10-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys!

I bought some 3/23" 'tubular clips' at the auto paint store and they worked like a charm.