Help on a part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on a part

I have a 62 hawk and am missing two very small body parts that are located on the hood at the bottom on either side of the grill. They are only about an inch long and bolt from the inside of the hood. I can not find them anyplace. Anyone know where I can get them?

First off, I must vent in frustration about Studebaker manuals. Can someone tell me why the hood, grille, and even the fenders are in the Chassis Parts Catalog rather than in the Body Parts Catalog?
    Okay then, I looked at my '63 Hawk and didnt find such parts but I think I found what you are referring to in the `Chassis Parts Catalog' (yeah, whatever Studebaker, its a body part I believe you are referring to part # 1343504 (end moulding, right, radiator grille) and # 1343505 (end moulding, left, radiator grille). It also lists # G186491 (1/4-20 x 1/2" long screw with washer). You can go to any popular Studebaker vendors sites and look for these part #'s. They may even have pics of them. Good luck to you.
    (I just checked and Stude Intl has them for $20 each, they call them hood fillers, but they don't have a pic. Studebakerparts.com doesn't list them.)

Brent's rootbeer racer.
    MN iron ore...it does your body good.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Brent, your point of frustration goes back to a time when it was much more prevalent for "chassis" to be sold to independent coachbuilders with everything forward from the cowl included. I know - it doesn't seem logical, but that's how it is.[B)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks very much for the info. The car was taken apart by one person and now it is mine have to put it back together. Not being the one to take it apart I am running into all sorts of questions.
        quote:Originally posted by Milaca

First off, I must vent in frustration about Studebaker manuals. Can someone tell me why the hood, grille, and even the fenders are in the Chassis Parts Catalog rather than in the Body Parts Catalog?
        Okay then, I looked at my '63 Hawk and didnt find such parts but I think I found what you are referring to in the `Chassis Parts Catalog' (yeah, whatever Studebaker, its a body part I believe you are referring to part # 1343504 (end moulding, right, radiator grille) and # 1343505 (end moulding, left, radiator grille). It also lists # G186491 (1/4-20 x 1/2" long screw with washer). You can go to any popular Studebaker vendors sites and look for these part #'s. They may even have pics of them. Good luck to you.
        (I just checked and Stude Intl has them for $20 each, they call them hood fillers, but they don't have a pic. Studebakerparts.com doesn't list them.)

Brent's rootbeer racer.
        MN iron ore...it does your body good.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by dallastx75208

The car was taken apart by one person and now it is mine have to put it back together. Not being the one to take it apart I am running into all sorts of questions.
          [quote]Originally posted by Milaca

BTDT, I end up with boxes of whatsits left over every time though. Steve

sigpic

Comment

Biggs explanation seems the most logical. Years ago with my first job as a painter for a Pontiac dealer, I questioned the time allowed for a complete paint on warranty. The warranty clerk showed me from the book the time allowed for a complete paint for the "body" but years later I found out that the front end sheet metal was included in another section, so they ripped me off for my commission on every complete paint job.

60 Lark convertible
            61 Champ
            62 Daytona convertible
            63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2)
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan
            59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
            60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
            61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
            62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
            62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
            62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
            63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
            63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
            64 Zip Van
            66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
            66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Yeah, that cowl/hood thing is an anachronism that dates back to the beginning of the auto industry, when custom coachbuilders were plying their trade. "We've always done it that way"

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X