58 president door panel covering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 president door panel covering

I just got a 58 president 2 door home and it has door panel upolstry that I have not seen before. To best describe it, it has a black fabric part that is almost like separated or stretched burlap, with a silver mylar insert behind it so that it shows through the fabric. I am sure it is what the car came with, does anyone have a picture of something like this or a fabric selector chart that they could post? I have not seen this treatment before, and was wondering what it would look like when new. Mine is very worn. thanks

I think the reason this door panel is different, is that this must be a President Starlight 2 dr. Hardtop "J" Body, which is not like the other Sedans.

This treatment was also used on '58 Golden Hawk, it looks more like wicker coarse weave material. My President 4 Dr. Sedan does not have that.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, that is an accurate description. So, the golden hawk has the same thing?

Comment

Send an email to SMS and they will send you a sample. Their product is top notch material.

Suppliers of quality classic auto interiors since 1977. The largest inventory of Auto Upholstery Cloth, Vinyl, Headliners, Carpets, Vinyl Tops, & Door Panels.

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

Working...
        X