1953 truck armrests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1953 truck armrests

does anyone reproduce 2r truck armrests?

Are talking about the complete arm rest or just the rubber covering?

[IMG]
    Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think the better term would be "C Cab" arm rests. I think they were the same from 1949 until the end of production. They are small, tough, and the used ones may look like crap when you find them. However, if you find a pair, even if they look bad, usually they can be cleaned up. They are comprised of three components. A rubber (vinyl) cover, a foam filler pad, and a metal bracket. If you are very careful, you can warm the pads (I like to place them in the sun on a vehicle dash for a while to safely warm them) and then work the covers off the metal support. Warming them makes the cover more flexible. This will allow you to separate the cover from the inner foam pad as well. Then you can clean the outer pad, the inner foam piece and sand, clean and re-paint the metal bracket. The best way I have found to clean the outer cover is to start with something like Go Jo hand cleaner. After that, follow up with a good wipe down with mineral spirits, follow with Armor-all or a similar product. Re-assemble, install and enjoy.

John Clary
      Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
      SDC member since 1975
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I have some good ones in stock.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
        X