• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nollie Hinton dies

details at-

David Miller
    So. Ga. SDC Editor
    Big Bend SDC

This is sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with Janelle, their Family and SDC Friends. There are alot of them, as Nollie was one of those guys that are few and far between.

You'll be missed Nollie.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
    Ferndale, WA

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

We'll all miss you, Nollie. He was the unofficial chaplain for the Jacksonville chapter and you could tell he was close to the Lord, an honest, sincere and very funny man. Bought my last Stude from him and it is still being cared for by Jax members. He'll be in charge of restorations Upstairs! God bless you, Nollie. bob.c

Comment

This is a loss indeed.

The information of his death should also be posted in the Obituary section of this SDC Forum.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I am sad to hear this news. Nollie was a big asset to Florida Studebaker members. He will be missed.

Comment

Very sorry to hear about the passing of any Stude enthusiast. My condolences to the family. But as a Christian, I figure he's now wheeling around a Heavenly Avanti on streets of gold. [^]

edp/NC
            \'63 Avanti
            \'66 Commander

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts, I will make sure the rest of the family sees these posts. I am currently en route there from our home in North Alabama and I will pass on all of your thoughts to Janelle tomorrow. I posted this link earlier, http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...TOPIC_ID=33544 Visitation will be at Nassau funeral home in Callahan, Fl tomorrow from 6-8pmEST. If you would like more info please send me an email and I will get back to you.

SteveH

Studebaker classifieds! www.studeswap.com

Comment

Very sad news for SDC and Florida. RIP Nollie, say hello to Tony C. and Bruce C. and all the rest for me.

StudebakerGeorge

Comment

Nollie was a good friend. I miss him already. NT

Neil Thornton
                  Hazlehurst, GA
                  '57 Silver Hawk
                  '56 Sky Hawk
                  '51 2R16 dump truck
                  Many others.

Neil Thornton

Comment

Nollie sold me my 57 Golden Hawk a few years ago and always looked forward to seeing him at the Fl meets,or when passing through Callahan.He once gave me the ride of my life in his new Avanti,I will surely miss him. My prayers go out to the family.

Comment

Our area lost a real car hobbyist gentleman yesterday who was probably cut from similar cloth to Nollie, though his interest was mainly DeSotos, not Studes. I knew him for 30 years & he always set a great example, was always ready to help, and never knew a stranger. He will be sorely missed.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

I had the pleasure of meeting Nollie in 2001 when I purchased a Speedster. At that time he with his daughter had a full scale business of reparing Studes. He and his staff did a lot of work on that car during it's restoration process. Since, at that time I lived in Jacksonville, FL. I saw Nollie and Janelle at all of our Northeast Florida club functions where he was the best Studebaker cheerleader you could ask for. He was a true gentlemen who was always ready to help anyone. The last time I visited Nollie was last year when I was in Florida. I went to his home to see him and even though he was on an oxygen supply. He wanted to show me the latest cars he was restoring. We went out to his barn and lo and behold sat a Golden Hawk in need of a total makeover. Although he didn't ge to finish that one, I'm certain he is working away at restoring real "Golden" Hawks in the heavenly garage. My best to his family and especially to a his wife of many years Janelle.

Comment

Working...
                        X