That lstude & his two-toned 2 dr.!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That lstude & his two-toned 2 dr.!!!!

I received my latest edition of Turning Wheels in the AM snail mail. Beautiful magazine!! But Leonard, also known as lstude, must be paying off someone[:0] on the staff of TW. Not only did he get an article published about our Chapter's [u]Drive Your Studebaker Day</u>, with a photo including his 'two-toned' 2 dr. with bent bumper and fender, but something even grander. He also has a cover with his two-toned car in it. It is a great cover shot. Either he's living right or he's learned how to use payola.[8D]

Congratulations, Leonard. You scored two big ones for the homies.

Frank Drumheller
    Louisa, VA
    60S-W6
    1948 M16-52 Boyer-bodied fire truck

Yes, indeed - lets hear it for Leonard!

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Congrats!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

"Snail mail"?? Gee, this postal employee says, Thanks Loads[}]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

My mail gets here pretty darn fast. Always great service. [^] Only when it involves Canada is it slow. I even had a load of bills to send out with stamps and a large 8x11 envelope without postage that I dropped off accidently in the box Wednesday. Thursday it showed up at my sisters..no postage, no charge. Amazing. And Bob isn't even her carrier!

Comment

Slow mail delivery? Isn't everybody's mail deliverd by a Ford 302 powered Studebaker Zip Van?? [8D]

Brent's rootbeer racer.
            MN iron ore...it does your body good.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

My mail gets here pretty darn fast. Always great service. [^] Only when it involves Canada is it slow. I even had a load of bills to send out with stamps and a large 8x11 envelope without postage that I dropped off accidently in the box Wednesday. Thursday it showed up at my sisters..no postage, no charge. Amazing. And Bob isn't even her carrier!
              You know, my Dad worked at the Greenville, PA Post Office for about thirty years, retiring as something called "Superintendent of Operations" which I think doesn't exist anymore. They had about 40 employees there. So, some might think I'm biased, but...
              ...with the exception of a couple of Kent's post office window clerks appearing to not have a sense of urgency [}], I think mailing a letter is one of the greatest bargains in this country. I truly cannot remember when I've last had a piece of mail not get to its intended destination...and I've been mailing stuff as a full-fledged adult for about thirty years! I'm amazed at times when I hear what day someone received something I mailed...sometimes a thousand miles away, in two days. And the pricing doesn't bother me. What else costs less than a buck, and when it goes up, goes up a penny, instead of a nickel, dime, or quarter at a time!

Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
              '64 Daytona Hardtop
              Bill Pressler
              Kent, OH
              (formerly Greenville, PA)
              Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
              Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
              1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
              1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
              All are in Australia now

Comment

I agree with you, Bill. The USPS has a few worn cogs in it's people, but most big operations do.
                Their priority mail literally FLIES when I use it. And whenever I can fit something into a flat rate box, I LAUGH as I go by the UPS store! The time I shipped Ted Harbit 49lbs of tranny parts for under ten bucks was classic in my book[:0] A deal like that's hard to beat!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I think that the USPS system is good, but there are a few problem people.

Last month, I sent a NOS '66 hood ornament from NY to WA via Priority Mail. It was received in three days.

I have had some problem carriers. There used to be days when I received mail for four different people/addresses. I figured that other people were receiving my mail also. I had many known missing items, including First Class delivery. One problem area was Old Cars Weekly. I would receive issues one to three weeks late and sometimes not at all. After a carrier that I thought was good retired early this year, my delivery has been fantastic. In the first two weeks, I received five issues of Old Cars Weekly. Since then, I have received a copy every week, always before the cover date.

I think that First Class should have some sliding scale based on distance. It no costs the same to send a card to a neighbor as to send a letter across the country.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I ship quail eggs for hatching and the USPS is the ony way to go. I also have received live chickens via mail and never had a problem. I know they are in financial straights, but they are still great to deal with. I sent eggs by UPS ONE TIME and my customer received an omlet.

Doug

Venice, Florida
                    1950 Champion 9G F1

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Invalid User Name

I ship quail eggs for hatching and the USPS is the ony way to go. I also have received live chickens via mail and never had a problem. I know they are in financial straights, but they are still great to deal with. I sent eggs by UPS ONE TIME and my customer received an omlet.

Doug

Venice, Florida
                      1950 Champion 9G F1
                      My Dad used to moan that he frequently got telephone complaints at the Post Office, for UPS!

Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      '63 Lark Daytona Skytop R1
                      '64 Daytona Hardtop
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler

...and I've been mailing stuff as a full-fledged adult for about thirty years!

I may have to call you on that assertion.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by bams50

#####################################################################

Gee whiz, guys!! I didn't intend to set off a controversy by my 'snail mail' comment. I was simply constrasting surface mail vs. the 'faster' e-mail process.

I have all the respect for USPS. They do a great job delivering the mail plus all the worthless junk mail (I understand that is a money maker). I have shipped over 750 packages via USPS over the past several years and have never had a complaint from a customer. No lost shipments, no crushed merchandise, no crumpled packages. Not many shippers can lay claim to that. I hope USPS can survive the technelogical changes taking place in the marketplace.

Frank Drumheller
                          Louisa, VA
                          60S-W6

Comment

Fully agree with you Frank, snail-mail simply denotes real paper and manpower as opposed to the electronic version. "snail" only came into being with the electronic age, prior to that there was nothing to compare it to, except maybe pony express

[quote]quote:Originally posted by studelark

Originally posted by bams50

#####################################################################

Gee whiz, guys!! I didn't intend to set off a controversy by my 'snail mail' comment. I was simply constrasting surface mail vs. the 'faster' e-mail process.

I have all the respect for USPS. They do a great job delivering the mail plus all the worthless junk mail (I understand that is a money maker). I have shipped over 750 packages via USPS over the past several years and have never had a complaint from a customer. No lost shipments, no crushed merchandise, no crumpled packages. Not many shippers can lay claim to that. I hope USPS can survive the technelogical changes taking place in the marketplace.

Frank Drumheller
                            Louisa, VA
                            60S-W6

Comment

Ya can't send eggs to a placed called DENVER and not expect them to arrive as an omelette...

Comment

Working...
                              X