HELP Identify Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Identify Truck

My father and I have came across a Studebaker truck and we are trying to figure out some info on it. From the tag on the cab it has:

MODEL 2R C2
    CAB NO 99973
    TRIM No T-603
    PAINT P-2204

From what I've read online the truck is Iroquois Blue with Cherokee red wheels. The main thing I'm wanting to know is it possible this truck can with a V-8 engine with a push button automatic transmission in it. The truck is sitting with this set up and the engine looks like a Studebaker engine. Any Info will be helpful. Thanks

UPDATE:

Here is a picture of the engine

Dash with Push buttons:

Comment

That's not a Studebaker V-8, and there were no push button automatics.

Comment

Defintely a MOPAR V8 which explains the push button transmission

Howard
        53 Commander Starliner
        56 Sky Hawk
        Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
        '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
        '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
        '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by brngarage

Defintely a MOPAR V8 which explains the push button transmission

Howard
          53 Commander Starliner
          56 Sky Hawk
          yes, it could be a polyspherical V8. there's some info on this site...

Comment

2R series trucks were produced between 1949 and 1953 and none came from the factory with a V8. The "C2" after the 2R designation means it has the standard (non deluxe) cab.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar Deluxe
            Vancouver Island Chapter
            http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Thats most definitely a mopar polysphere engine- most likely a 318 wide-block as they were referred to. The trans cluster dates it as 59-63- that cluster is a rare piece, as it was only in Automatic Trucks. Hope that helps.

Evan Davis
              Prairie Bulletin
              Saskatchewan Chapter
              Prince Albert, Sk
              Evan Davis
              Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

the engine is a 277 or 318(early model). they were nick named the semi-hemi.good engine had very few speed parts and a very unusall combustion chambers.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

Unusual set-up even by South Bend standards... Push button automatic with the optional clutch pedal!

Pat Casey
                  55 Commander
                  58 Transtar
                  62 GT Hawk
                  66 Cruiser
                  SDC Member since 1983

Comment

Unusual set-up even by South Bend standards... Push button automatic with the optional clutch pedal!

Pat Casey
                    55 Commander
                    58 Transtar
                    62 GT Hawk
                    66 Cruiser
                    SDC Member since 1983

Comment

What the others said. It's an old hotrod, with a Mopar engine and probably a Torqueflite transmission. Judging by the pics, I wouldn't give more than a few hundred dollars for it, because it looks pretty deteriorated.

Not that it couldn't be a fun project, either to restore to stock, or keep as-is, a cool retro-rod. Just that currently, there is not much value there.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
                      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

That engine looks suspiciously like the 313 truck engine which my E-40 received in an early 1970's transplant. Mine was in reality an under-bored 318. I would think that if the push-button unit is from a pick-up as claimed above, then the engine is probably the 313.

Doug

6E40-195 1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2 Deluxe Scotsman

Chatsworth, Ontario, Canada
                        1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I'm curious about the 313. I have heard about 315 and 325s in Dodges with push buttons.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ST2DE5

I'm curious about the 313. I have heard about 315 and 325s in Dodges with push buttons.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2
                            I'm no expert on Chryco engines but here's what I know. I've come across 2 other 313 engined TRUCKS in the last few years. The motor in my E-40 was installed by an outfit (Levy Brothers in Toronto, Ontario) who did re-powerings as a major part of their business using Chrysler product engines. When I went to get some parts for my engine, all I had to go by was a very faded sticker on the dash with 3 options on it: 313, 361 or 413. Thought it might have been a 361 but nothing fit. Cross referenced some parts and found that it matched a 318. Took the motor to a rebuilder and we found out it was a 313 displacement engine. He did some research and discovered that it was equivilent to an under-bored 318. All the other 313's I've come across have been here in Canada so maybe it is a Canadian variant. BTW, mine has since been bored out to 318 so that internal parts will be "easier to find".

Doug

6E40-195 1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2 Deluxe Scotsman

Chatsworth, Ontario, Canada
                            1963 Canadian Lark VY-6 4E2-122 Deluxe Scotsman

Bognor, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                            X