Biz coupe project, $1K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biz coupe project, $1K

Well if you wanted to do a bullet nose biz coupe from scratch here you go!

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Rare, but may prove to be overpriced.

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I love business coupes and from the pictures, this could be an excellent candidate for rescue. If it is as good as the pictures indicate...I hope someone will get it and return it to its former elegance. That said...I wouldn't offer much above scrap value without a close eyeball inspection. Between where the fenders bolt to the cowl, could be a foot and a half of rust. Due to battery acid, the inner fender apron could be corroded away. The moisture retaining oem rubber floor covering could have caused the floor pans from the front to the trunk to have rotted away years ago. Hidden between the front mud baffles in the rear fenders could be a big rusty cancer on both sides. Even if this is the case, it can be saved by the right person with the right skills...but not for someone in a hurry.
      [img][/img]

[img][/img]
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

A studebakerer in a hurry? Do they really exist? But from the looks of the lack of rust on the bumper, I'd be pretty confident that the underneath of the car isn't too far gone, even tho the driver's floorboard looks ventilated. Better take it easy around corners with that airborne 'baker..

Comment

Working...
        X