newbe needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbe needs help

I am new to the forms so forgive my mistakes. I own a '55 Champion Delux and need a set of Bumper guards , would like to find NOS if possible.The car has an F4 body symbol.Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. I am a member of SDC and have sent my app for the NC Chapter. Went to Ashville and got a few parts.

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like a neat car you got there. Have you looked at the Studebaker International website? They might have it. You can find there site along with alot of other parts vendors here:http://www.studebakervendors.com/

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I did call them and they have a Right side NOS but no Left one. In fact I have found two vendors listed on the web site that have a Right side but no left.
      I am hoping someone out there has a set. or if I can find a left I will call the vendor and see if the right is still there.

Comment

Benny,

Welcome to the Forum and to the NC SDC!! I live in Winston-Salem, and work in Spencer. Wish I could have met you in Asheville the other week.

Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Paul,
          I look foward to meeting you and others in the NC group.
          Benny

Comment

Benny I too was at the Asheville meet, too bad we didn't meet. My son's first Studebaker was a '55 Champion sedan. When he got a Hawk I sort of inherited the Champion. I really liked that car, unfortunately when doing some body work I stumbled on more rust through than I had anticipated, in areas that were next to impossible to fix so I let it go. I still miss that car.

Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Editor of "The Down Easterner"
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

This car is in good shape and I am hopeing to up grade the looks and have already done several things. I bought a front bumper from Jerry Forrester who was at Ashville and also a NOS hood ornament there along with some shop books.
              I have done several cars and in looking on the net haven't seen many 2 door delux 55's.Do you know of any in the NC group?

Comment

If you bought a Jerry Forrester bumper then you would definitely want NOS bumper guards. I have a free pair of used that need rebuilding and plateing but the postage would probably be too high. They would probably cost more than NOS if you can find them.

Jim Caldwell
                "The view don't change if you ain't the lead dog"

Comment

Thanks Jim for the responce and your right Jerry does first class work. He is going to do a rear bumper and give me a call when he has it ready. My old bumpers are not that bad but his looked to good to pass up.
                  I would like to know if there are any reproduction bumper guards out there if I can't find NOS.

Comment

Benny, I will look at my n.o.s. bumper guards,I might have one for 55s
                    I'll let you know for sure.

Joe.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thanks for the help Joe. I'll look foward to hearing from you.
                      Benny

Comment

Hi Benny, just checked bumper guards and I also only have a n.o.s.passenger side.
                        try Dennis Dupont of Darry,NH. or Bob Munter of Mass. they are both in the Roster.

Joseph R. Zeiger
                        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thanks for your help and if I find a left side I will get back intouch with you for the right.

Comment

What part numbers are you looking for?
                            Bo

Comment

I have a parts catalog from 55-58 that shows my car with the bumper guards part nunbers 1807-3 and 1807-4
                              Thanks for any help you can give me on these.
                              Benny

Comment

Working...
                              X