PDA

View Full Version : 53 CK Rear Quarter Pass Side B Post Bracket

clarkwd
09-30-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm patching a 53 CK passenger side rear quarter. There is a bracket welded to the panel that mounts the panel to the B post. The bottom ten inches of the bracket on mine has rusted away. Does anyone have a trashed out rear quarter that has the bracket still intact that I could use?
Thanks
Bill
From upstate New York, where on a quiet night you can hear the neighbors Fords rust.

candbstudebakers
10-01-2009, 01:08 AM
How long do you want to use it Bill? ha ha

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
canbstudebakers-
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/CedarRapids210.jpg

warrlaw1
10-01-2009, 09:59 AM
There are "baffles" that go between the fender and the body. Classic Enterprises makes new ones with the rubber attached (originals had leather). I think there are two on the passenger side and three on the driver's side with the gas door. Well worth the cost if you're repairing them, anyway.

gordr
10-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Bill are you referring to the bracket at the extreme front vertical edge of the quarter, with the 3 holes that mount it to the "B" pillar? I have some pretty shaggy Hawk quarters here look OK in that department.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

clarkwd
10-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Thats the guy. Passenger side. If you could wack the front couple inches off the panel that has this bracket welded to it, it would make this job a bit easier. I'm at zip 13760. Let me know off line how much I owe you and I'll send a shipping address.
Thanks
Bill