Got my Cruiser's birth certificate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Cruiser's birth certificate.

It proves it's an American by birth. A bit of a surprize was that it was shipped new, to Douglas Arizona. I knew it had spent most of it's working life in that state, but I remembered the original owner recounting how he'd ordered it thru the dealer here in Visalia. Said dealer being someone he was related to thru marriage.

That it WAS special order is reflected in that it says "SOLD - RUSH" on the po.

It was built equipped just like I found it. No PS or PB, but with AC, undercoating and TT as well as a PB AM radio.

Final assy date was December 12th of 1962. I was a senior at Bedford High in Temperance Michigan, and probably looking forward to Christmas vacation! Little did I know that 220-some miles away a car was being/had been built that I would someday lay claim to.[:I]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Is this the same car you were painting a couple of months ago? If so, how about some pics.

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Same one. It's on hold until I finish fixing a shop bay for it to occupy.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
      X