Chevy motor in a 1963 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy motor in a 1963 Lark

I know this topic has been addressed in the past but I can not find the infor. Anyone with info about hopw to do an engine swap let me know. I purchased motor mounts to bolt on to the frame. The one for the engine that I bought form NAPA are wrong. What do I do about the transmission, the wiring? Help!

Randy Jetton
    Randy Jetton

I just am finishing up mine so we can help each other out. I used the mounts that came on my engine when I bought it but they were a standard chev piece and fit just fine. My trans cross memeber is as simple as it gets. just a piece of 1X4 steel tub with another piece on top in the middle to space the trans up. I used a turbo 350 automatic. Wiring I am going witht he KISS theory and using HEI so thats one wire, a one wire GM alt so that's two and a wire for the choke makes three. Even I can get that figured out. Look up the chevy in a lark thread. lots of good info.

Comment

There is a thread and pictures of the transmission mount that was done on Dick Steinkamp's '63 Lark. He used a motor mount from a '65/'66 Lark with the Canadian Chevy engine. Dick showed the cross member he added from the '65/'66 Studebaker and then how he had to modify it for the specific Chevy transmission that he used. Search this forum for that thread.

Comment

Here's that thread...

Let me know if you have some specific questions. I'll help if I can

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
        X