Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Engine Release' - Stuck Engine Solution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Engine Release' - Stuck Engine Solution?

Engine Release
    An Internet sales only product available only in North America.

I'd be interested to hear about somebody elses experience using this stuff.
    Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

wonder if will help mine??[8D]

Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

Sounds interesting, but expensive. They recommend 1 kit per cylinder on Vee-type engines, so as to ensure the entire top of the piston is immersed. At 19.95 per kit, that's $160.

If the stuff creeps as well as they SAY it does, it should be able to creep through the ring grooves from the low side to the high side, given enough time.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Sounds interesting, but I wonder if the stuff is snake oil? I've never had very good luck with the engine running correctly after the pistons have been stuck in the bores and then freed. Usually the bad cylinders have blow by and high oil consumption once the engine runs. Bud

Comment

I thought we had a post that said a 50-50 mix of Acetone and ATF was better than anything you could buy on the market as a penetrating oil. I bought a quart of each but havent tried it yet.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

1999 Wife inherited dad's 59 Rambler 6. Only 27,000 miles but had sat in an open ended equipment shed on a farm for 11 years and was stuck hard. Towed it home, cocktail of Marvel Mystery oil, ATF and WD40 in all the cylinders. Checked with a breaker bar on the crank bolt every once in a while. After a couple months broke free easily started and ran fine after usual carb rebuild, gas tank cleaning tune up etc. After 10 years it still runs fine with minimal blowby and oil consumption, no internal engine work and it is a national AACA Senior first place winner.So there is always hope!

Comment

That bit about ATF and Acetone was later corrected to be Power Steering Fluid with Acetone.
              I tried the ATF and it almost stayed separated from the Acetone, even if it was shaken. OTOH, Psteer fluid is almost the same as ATF, ??

Bob Johnstone

64 GT Hawk
              55 President State Sedan
              70 Avanti (R3)
              64 GT Hawk (K7)
              1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
              X