PDA

View Full Version : New shop helpers.

rockinhawk
09-26-2009, 09:47 PM
I spent the afternoon at my shop with 2 of the lovliest ladies I know

A year or so back,Matthew and I started taking a GT hawk apart. The car named "SWeet Magnolia" Belongs to my wife. Known far and wide as "Miss Edie" Also known to a half dozen people around here as G-MA.

We removed several body panels, Doors, 1/4 panel,hood and trunk lid. I did the required body work, painted them and replaced them one by one. The last major piece to go back on was the hood. With the help of my son James and G-MA herself we got that done yesterday. Today was cleaning and shining little parts and pieces getting them ready to go back on. We put a new grill mesh into the grill shell, and some other odds and ends. To help with the small stuff,Miss Edie showed up about noon with 5 year old Haliegh. Our #3 grand daughter.

We had a good afternoon cleaning and shining untill it was time to go get ready to go to the County Fair this evening. 3 of my 6 grand children were there. As a door prize they gave away a bicycle.

Little Haliegh Won herself a brand new bike!!!

She had quite a day. Getting to hang out with G-MA, getting to work on a Studebaker, And winning a new bike all in one day. NT

Neil Thornton
Hazlehurst, GA
'57 Silver Hawk
'56 Sky Hawk
'51 2R16 dump truck
Many others.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/mbstude/avatar2.jpg

Invalid User Name
09-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Now that's the way to spend a Saturday!

Doug

Venice, Florida
1950 Champion 9G F1

rockinhawk
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
I went back to the shop today. Spent most of the day by myself.
G-MA had to work today, and I guess Haleigh spent the day riding her bike.
Matthew came by about mid afternoon and replaced his front brake shoes.

I started putting the shiney stuff back on the front of the car and became very dissatisfied with the way the paint on the front turned out. So I sanded it all down and resprayed it. Waybe I'll live long enough to get 'er done. NT

Neil Thornton
Hazlehurst, GA
'57 Silver Hawk
'56 Sky Hawk
'51 2R16 dump truck
Many others.
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/mbstude/avatar2.jpg