Search For A Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search For A Studebaker

Have any of you ever wondered whatever happened to the 1st Studebaker that you ever had ? I found the owners manual for a 1955 Champin Regal that I tried for years to get from the owner but, she refused to sell. 5 years later I saw the same car in a parking lot smashed, on the passenger side, from the rear all along to the front. My question is this. I have the serial number for that car and , I've always wondered where it ended up. You can't use carfax. All #s went standard in 1981. How can you search for an old car and, have any of you tried and been sucessful ????

I know exactly where mine is. I still got it! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
    Hazlehurst, Georgia
    '59 Scotsman PU
    '63 Daytona HT

Comment

I know exactly where mine is. I still got it! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, Georgia
      '59 Scotsman PU
      '63 Daytona HT

Comment

I didn't go searching for my '64 cruiser. It came to me, the second time. Originally I had bought the car from an estate when I lived out in California. Brought it back with me to Wisconsin. Sold it due to a divorce. Then 4 yrs later my daughter, by pure chance, ran across it in the collector car web site. I happily paid much more for it than it was worth, altho the guy did spend at least $1o,000 on it. I bought it for $4,000 as an act of contrition to my daughters, and to do some healing. Don't know if i could ever sell it. It runs great, but needs paint badly.
        As for ur search good man, good luck, unless u have an inside track at ur state DMV, or licensing bureau. But sometimes ya just gotta let it go.

Comment

I didn't go searching for my '64 cruiser. It came to me, the second time. Originally I had bought the car from an estate when I lived out in California. Brought it back with me to Wisconsin. Sold it due to a divorce. Then 4 yrs later my daughter, by pure chance, ran across it in the collector car web site. I happily paid much more for it than it was worth, altho the guy did spend at least $1o,000 on it. I bought it for $4,000 as an act of contrition to my daughters, and to do some healing. Don't know if i could ever sell it. It runs great, but needs paint badly.
          As for ur search good man, good luck, unless u have an inside track at ur state DMV, or licensing bureau. But sometimes ya just gotta let it go.

Comment

I have tried this at the Virginia DMV, but they are not helpful at all. If anybody knows a way to do it, that would be helpful.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I have tried this at the Virginia DMV, but they are not helpful at all. If anybody knows a way to do it, that would be helpful.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

In Pennsylvania there is a form to fill out and send to the DMV for this purpose, but if the car was not registered for a number of years they just take the easy way out and tell you that they can't find it anymore. Another snag is all the "privacy laws" that have been enacted in recent years. You have to have a good reason for them to do the search, and then the form states that you can't use the information to contact anyone you find through the search. [xx(] Despite this, someone at DMV told me the records are there. But they aren't any help in finding them. "Your results may vary."

Comment

In Pennsylvania there is a form to fill out and send to the DMV for this purpose, but if the car was not registered for a number of years they just take the easy way out and tell you that they can't find it anymore. Another snag is all the "privacy laws" that have been enacted in recent years. You have to have a good reason for them to do the search, and then the form states that you can't use the information to contact anyone you find through the search. [xx(] Despite this, someone at DMV told me the records are there. But they aren't any help in finding them. "Your results may vary."

Comment

I have also heard that some people have had success in getting the information by getting their state representatives involved, but I haven't tried this myself. Might be something to consider.

Comment

I have also heard that some people have had success in getting the information by getting their state representatives involved, but I haven't tried this myself. Might be something to consider.

Comment

Pcstude
                        Did all the paperwork stay with the car? I know I sent it with the buyer when I sold it.
                        Klif

55 Speedster
                        42 Champ Coupe
                        55 Speedster/Street Machine
                        63 Avanti R2
                        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Pcstude
                          Did all the paperwork stay with the car? I know I sent it with the buyer when I sold it.
                          Klif

55 Speedster
                          42 Champ Coupe
                          55 Speedster/Street Machine
                          63 Avanti R2
                          64 Convertible R1

Comment

State DMV's can do a title search. I tried this with my first new car I bought in 1986. The car was titled/registered in 1998 in a really bad part of Detroit. I stopped there...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                            Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                            LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                            Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

State DMV's can do a title search. I tried this with my first new car I bought in 1986. The car was titled/registered in 1998 in a really bad part of Detroit. I stopped there...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                              Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                              LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                              Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X