Wow coolest custom hawk ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow coolest custom hawk ever!

This had to have been one sweet old custom at one time. Somebody must recognize it, I don't see how one like that could go un noticed. Anybody have a pic of its past?

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock

59' 4E2 122 Scotsman Deluxe V8 4spd curb side fender

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Cool is not the word for this Hawk.

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I'm with Chris- more like WAY cool![8D]

This hs been on eBay several times in the last 6 months. First he tried selling it complete, then selling parts off it, now back to complete.

As he always says repeatedly in his listings, "TIME TO BID"

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

One of the previous times this car was on eBay, I emailed the seller to ask about the hood and other front end bits. No response......

Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The NEW Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Yeah, it's been kicking around for a long time now. The seller won't take the time to give it a decent presentation, so it won't meet his expectations.

With customs, KOOL is in the eye of the beholder.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
          PackardV8

Comment

How 'bout that "rumbel" seat? LH

"I'm allergic to small block Chevys."
            Whirling dervish of misinformation.

Comment

I am one of the beholders who think this Hawk is Koool. At first glance, I was a bit taken aback, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. I am wondering what he had in mind for the completion of the front end... I would also like to see how he trimmed out the tail lights and fins. I like the fit of the top and I guess I'm a sucker for the 58 Impala roofline. Who knows, maybe we can get it done and on the Show Car Circuit??? Maybe not.

sals54
              sals54

Comment

I was thinking that top might be more '57 Olds or Buick. They both did those "3 rear window" deals.

Comment

Poor Hawk.[V]

Somebody take that sawsall away from that guy before he hurts someone.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                  '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                  Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                  http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                  I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I think it was already complete, it don't look to me like an unfinished project, rather more like someone started to restore an older custom. That thing looks VINTAGE all the way. Look agt the dash and inside pillars ect. that car was finished off that way at some point, then someone tried to refresh and lost interest. Man if i didn't already have tooo many projects.

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock

59' 4E2 122 Scotsman Deluxe V8 4spd curb side fender

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

I think you're right about the Buick/Olds roofline. I thought that was also on the Impala... maybe not. I'll have to do some homework.

sals54
                      sals54

Comment

I think 289Stude is right on this one -it doesn't look like a backyard sawsall job to me either!!

Someone put a lot of time and effort into this custom, and it really shows.

Lots of potential...

Comment

Working...
                        X