• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1916 Studebaker Video

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

That is one sweet car! I don't know why he chose to crank it tho, it does have a starter[?] I have driven a 1917 SF4 which is in a local museum and it is a surprisingly easy car to drive. The 17 is a testament to Studebaker toughness. It was originally used as a stagecoach between two towns here in BC, then it was sold to a sawmill which used the engine to run a saw for about 40 years. It was sold to a car collector in the 60's and restored to its present condition. As far as is known, the engine has never been overhauled, but it starts first time every time and will still maintain the cars cruising speed of about 23 mph without complaint.

Terry Godkin
    27 Dictator Sedan
    54 Commander Starliner
    I would like to see more prewar stuff on this website. I do look at the ASC site and IMHO this one is much nicer. Kudos to you, BShaw.

Comment

That is one sweet car! I don't know why he chose to crank it tho, it does have a starter[?] I have driven a 1917 SF4 which is in a local museum and it is a surprisingly easy car to drive. The 17 is a testament to Studebaker toughness. It was originally used as a stagecoach between two towns here in BC, then it was sold to a sawmill which used the engine to run a saw for about 40 years. It was sold to a car collector in the 60's and restored to its present condition. As far as is known, the engine has never been overhauled, but it starts first time every time and will still maintain the cars cruising speed of about 23 mph without complaint.

Terry Godkin
      27 Dictator Sedan
      54 Commander Starliner
      I would like to see more prewar stuff on this website. I do look at the ASC site and IMHO this one is much nicer. Kudos to you, BShaw.

Comment

Working...
      X