62 Daytona hdtp- in Pick-Your-Part tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Daytona hdtp- in Pick-Your-Part tomorrow

Went to the Sun Valley, Ca. pick-your-part today (the one with the octopus logo off Glenoaks) and there is a white 62 Daytona hardtop in the wings. The fellow there said it would be in the yard tomorrow. One called it a Dodge, so it'll probably be in the Chrysler/AMC section.
    Too bad someone couldn't buy the whole car. From where I saw it, about 50 feet away, it looked complete and pretty straight.

Oh Warren!!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

By golly, if someone local doesn't move on this, I will. Takes me about 2&1/2 - 3 hours to get there.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I wish I had the time and money to save it, but if it's a building and safety impound or the like, it must be crushed. I remember when a 60 Eldo convertible was in the yard; had to be crushed, parts only.
        They have a section up front with whole cars for sale (always IMHO overpriced), would like to see the Stude put in there. From what I gleaned from the yardman, the Stude would be put out in the yard.
        If I can get any time tomorrow, will try to get out there, but the chances are slim.

Comment

Tempting as it is, I'm afraid I cant make it. I already have one 62 hardtop parts car that I somehow have to move from where it is now to my new place, but it has to wait until I first move my 60 4 door parts car, the 66 "e-bay" car from my storage in Redondo, then "the beast', the 62 Volvo 544, 61 Champ cab w/cracked 66 Daytona frame, a 65 Cruiser frame then I have access to the hardtop body, so you see my problem!

60 Lark convertible
          61 Champ
          62 Daytona convertible
          63 G.T. R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2)
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan
          59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
          60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
          61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
          62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
          62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
          62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
          63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
          63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
          64 Zip Van
          66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
          66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Arrgghh!!!

And I'm over five states too far east I could use a better left front window regulator, not that I could afford one though Just to have the ability to pull potential better-than-I-have-now parts

Such is life

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
            The Replacements.
            \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
            The Replacements.

Comment

Bob,
              Looks like you have a road trip in order. Load your tools go get it and write us a story.
              quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

By golly, if someone local doesn't move on this, I will. Takes me about 2&1/2 - 3 hours to get there.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1963 Cruiser
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President two door

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
              53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
              57 SH (project)
              60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
              53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
              57 SH (project)
              60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Yeah,

Wish I'd have looked earlier this AM. I'd already be gone. Now I might have to wait til Monday.

OF COURSE....... I'd SURE hate to get down there only to find they HADN'T set it out yet! And there's no way I can call and check. I've dealt with this yard and others thru the years.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
                X