Thursday 9-17 Eye Candy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 9-17 Eye Candy

Good looking business coupe. For some reason, I've always liked the Champion grille better than the Commander grille on those late '40s Studes. Nice photo.
    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
    Smithtown,NY
    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Sharp car. Sorta sad to note that there isn't the interest in the 47 thru 49 cars that there is for the bullet-nosed and later Studes. You have to admit that most of the action - if this forum's any honest indication - is with the sedans, C-Ks and trucks of the company's last 16 years. My observation is anything but scientific, but I know thru the years of the forum's existance, there's been lots less questions and members with enthusiasm for these early postwar models. Please note that I'm NOT trying to diminish their worth or their due respects with my comments.[^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah we don't get no Respect.

Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Commander Regal Coupe
        Fresno,Ca
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        The Prez 1955 President State
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Don't know where my post went? hope it doesn't pop up twice but...
          I like this car Especially the front, lots of detail in the grill, bumper and headlight bezels.
          Although I will allways be a bullet nose fan.
          Dean.

Comment

One reason the early post war cars aren't as popular is the suspention, just too easy to up date a 51 and later. I like the body style, but dont want one.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

That's reallllly smooth. Don't think I ever noticed the little chrome accents on the forward edges of the fenders before.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

The 47-49 Champions are just too stubby looking to attract attention away from the other more beautiful Studes. I like this grill too, and the nice angle of the photo hides the stubby front.
                The Commanders of this era, in my opinion, are far better proportioned, and way under-rated. Sweet cars.

Comment

In response to the postwar 40's cars not getting enough respect: Those darn Stude design guys just kept coming up with better looking cars every year or two. In fact, IMHO the 50's were the apex of American car deigns for most car makers. Some got it right in '53(Studebaker, Buick Skylark, Packard Caribbean), some in '55 (T-Bird, Buick, and Pontiac)), some in '56 (Continental Mark II),some in '57 (Ford and Mercury), some in '59 (Cadillac). Chevy never did get it right until later with the '63 Corvette.

Tim-Custom '53 Starlight aka The Studebird in Yuma, AZ
                  Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
                  jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

I, for one, love the 47 models, both cars and trucks, but then I'm a 47 model too, so...

Jeff Jones
                    Tucson Arizona
                    1947 M-5

Comment

Working...
                    X