Last Packards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Packards

Here are the links to the last 3 Packards made, i.e. The last Caribbean Made in Detroit http://www.packardclub.org/pics/56_5...arrib-made.jpg
    The last Packard made in Detroit

And the last Packard made By Studebaker Packard

The images come from http://www.packardclub.org/ then click on "automobiles" fourth down under "library."

Nice cars still sad to think they're no longer made like Studebakers.

John Clements
    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
    Lockleys South Australia
    John Clements
    Christchurch, New Zealand

I believe that the 'Last '58 Packard' pictured was for an article in a magazine, not the actual car. The picture in question was on the cover of Special Intrest Autos #142 July/August '94. NOWHERE does the article actually say it's the last one off the line. The car is s/n 58L-7818, so there is a way to find out...
    It does talk about the car and it's owner a little bit- coincidently not far from me- up in Oceanside, CA!!! This is one really nice car, one which I have NEVER seen outside of this article~ Gonna have to check it out somehow...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I believe that the 'Last '58 Packard' pictured was for an article in a magazine, not the actual car. The picture in question was on the cover of Special Intrest Autos #142 July/August '94. NOWHERE does the article actually say it's the last one off the line. The car is s/n 58L-7818, so there is a way to find out...
      It does talk about the car and it's owner a little bit- coincidently not far from me- up in Oceanside, CA!!! This is one really nice car, one which I have NEVER seen outside of this article~ Gonna have to check it out somehow...

StudeDave [8D]
      V/P San Diego County SDC
      San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
      '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
      '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
      '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
      '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
      '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Even if it's not "the" actual last car it's still good to know that a car built on the last day or close to it still exists. I feel for them in that they say most of the records and parts ended up in the Detroit River when Curtiss-Wright shut Packard down at least Studebaker left all their stuff when they stopped production

John Clements
        Lockleys South Australia
        John Clements

Comment

Even if it's not "the" actual last car it's still good to know that a car built on the last day or close to it still exists. I feel for them in that they say most of the records and parts ended up in the Detroit River when Curtiss-Wright shut Packard down at least Studebaker left all their stuff when they stopped production

John Clements
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements

Comment

Hi John
            There was a '58 Packard sedan sold on Ebay in April '06 down in Mt. Airy, Maryland that listed serial no. 58L-3095 making it 39 cars from the last. Probably built in the last three or four days of production, the highest serial no. I've seen so far.
            58L -8134, Where are you?
            steve

Comment

Hi John
              There was a '58 Packard sedan sold on Ebay in April '06 down in Mt. Airy, Maryland that listed serial no. 58L-3095 making it 39 cars from the last. Probably built in the last three or four days of production, the highest serial no. I've seen so far.
              58L -8134, Where are you?
              steve

Comment

Working...
              X