T-Cab Grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Cab Grill?

I happened to go by the local swap meet at one of the high school parking lots and spotted a chrome grill that came off a T-cab.I left after talking to the seller and then had a change of heart and went back and bought it.It seems to be in good shape with some slight discoloration on the bottom. What would this be worth? I checked in Sept. Turning Wheels ads but didn't find any ads to compare it to. Thanks, Don.

I have seen these offered for sale anywhere from $50 to $400. Depends on the condition of the chrome and the base metal (and on how much someone needs one to finish off their Champ!).

If it has "Studebaker" lettering across the bottom, it's worth quite a bit more.

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar Deluxe
    Vancouver Island Chapter
    http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

The grilles with "Studebaker" in/on them used to more common in NOS form than the "plain" ones. I am thinking that no Champs were shipped with the Studebaker lettered grilles. Maybe late in 1964 model production of Champs. There are many more Champs around now with the grilles with Studebaker than were ever produced with them. Maybe some Champ "expert" here can clear this up for me.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This doesn't have the lettering on it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studegary
          I am thinking that no Champs were shipped with the Studebaker lettered grilles. Maybe late in 1964 model production of Champs. There are many more Champs around now with the grilles with Studebaker than were ever produced with them. Maybe some Champ "expert" here can clear this up for me.

Gary L.
          Gary - Your understanding is the same as mine - if any factory Champs came with the "Studebaker" lettered grills, it was late 8E production. However, apparently Studebaker was moving in that direction as there certainly are quite a few of those grills around today - and as you observed, many on Champ pickups of all years.

<h5>Mark
          '57 Transtar Deluxe
          Vancouver Island Chapter
          http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
          '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
          X