1958 Provincial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Provincial

I don't necessarily WANT another project car at the moment, but with so many bodymen outta work right now...... We've had a collision shop close up here in town that's been in continuous operation for FIFTY-FIVE YEARS! In fact, there's been auto repairs carried on in that building since the very first of the last century. Anyway...

We're making progress on the 58 wagon after it's been in limbo for the past two years. We're changing it from the original two-tone gray that it was to the Parchment White/Waterfall Blue scheme that was available in '58.

Behind the rear wheel andes up in front of the taillight support, we had to cut out rot and put in new metal. Then some filler was used to do the final contouring. Same on both sides.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1963 Cruiser
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

The colour combination you're talking about, Mr. Biggs, is that what's showing in the tailgate - window area in the back? If so, I really look forward to seeing the finished product. It should be beautiful![:X]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Yeah Clunk, that's it!

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1963 Cruiser
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Very nice. [^]

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Nice, like the color combo.

[img=left]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g27/Rosstude/OldWorld2005002.jpg[/img=left]
          Ross.
          Riverside, Ca.
          1957 Provincial X2
          1958 Transtar
          sigpic
          Ross.
          Riverside, Ca.
          1957 Provincial X2
          1958 Transtar

Comment

It will be a very special wagon when Biggs is done with it. []

Here it is when I owned it before I sold it to Biggs...

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Ya soon as it painted he will sell it back to you so it can get finished, some of his have ended up that way, might be a good thing too.

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
              canbstudebakers-

]
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Has anyone else ever seen that Grey/Grey combo on a '58?

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1963 Cruiser
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe
                1957 President two door

Comment

Yes I have seen the grey / grey combo on a 58 Packard sedan. It looked very nice. The darker grey was the main color.

57 & 58 Packards and Larks

Comment

These new pictures really have me stumped with the initial explanation of it being "originally two-tone gray." It looked like the exterior was originally white/blue from the stripped version now sitting there. The red interior looks stock, but could easily have been part of a previous complete interior swap & large undertaking (no funeral home wagon pun intended) to compliment the gray over gray. The doors look very much like they were originally white and the tail gate area is clearly still blue and white. What gives? Was the interior really originally red and black with a white and blue exterior? Say, no, please. [xx(]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

These new pictures really have me stumped with the initial explanation of it being "originally two-tone gray." It looked like the exterior was originally white/blue from the stripped version now sitting there. The red interior looks stock, but could easily have been part of a previous complete interior swap & large undertaking (no funeral home wagon pun intended) to compliment the gray over gray. The doors look very much like they were originally white and the tail gate area is clearly still blue and white. What gives? Was the interior really originally red and black with a white and blue exterior? Say, no, please. [xx(]
                      NO.

The car was originally gray/gray like Bob said. In fact, I believe it was wearing its original paint in the pics I posted. Check out the edges of the doors in my pictures...gray/gray. I believe the red and black interior was also original.

Bob had started into the restoration of this car several months ago. He had decided on the color change and had painted the jambs and the roof.

I like his color choices! [8D]

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yup! The pics Dick shared are of the car before I acquired it. I've seen 58s wearing only the darker gray color (the wagon was cliff gray and Bluff gray, but I can't remember now, which is which) that's like a titanium gray metallic. That lower gray, I don't think I've ever seen it singly or in a two-tone. It's probably pretty slick with that factory red & black interior - whether the two tone or monotone.

[|)]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1963 Cruiser
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

Comment

Guess my eyes are getting worse than I thought. Those inside doors and jambs look originally white to me in Dick's pictures. I like the new white/ blue color choice, too. Gonna be sharp.

Comment

That original hue is ALMOST a light, light blue to my eyes. I can understand your confusion on the jambs in Dix pix. I think it was just the angle from which he shot it and the brightness of the sun that day.[8D]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1963 Cruiser
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe
                            1957 President two door

Comment

Working...
                            X