WANTED '47-'48 Studebaker Champion Business Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANTED '47-'48 Studebaker Champion Business Coupe

I am looking for a '47-'48 Studebaker Champion Business Coupe (Short Top Coupe). I just need a rolling Chassis that is not rusted. I would pay a finders fee for THE ONE. If anyone know of one please contact me by email at tom.mcelhaney@gmail.com

My Studebaker Chassis Parts Catalog shows the 47-49 Champions all take the same frame. Should be a few of them around yet. Would be nice if you could find a Street Rodder that was putting a different frame under one, or you might check e/bay for a cheap parts car.

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

What's in a word? I get the feeling he's looking for a Biz Coupe to rod. (Not that there's anything wrong with that[}]) "Rolling chassis" - I think - means an engineless car to work with.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have a few complete frames ,I tried the e-mail you listed but got nowhere,Allen

Comment

I will have to decide which way to go when I find the right '47-'49
          Business Coupe. Saw a Red Business Coupe in Omaha this year and started to look then.
          I want a good base and wil see what the car lets me do. That may sound funny but, it is exactly what happened with the '53 2R I bought from Texas. It was so rust free and clean that I made it total stock and it will stay that way. Drove it up to Omaha and had a great time with the Truck Farmers.
          I would like to start with the best base car as possible, maybe someones project that has been given up on or one that has been started and not finished. I am always the optimist and was lucky enough and found THE TRUCK I wanted and will see what turns up. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. Tom tom.mcelhaney@gmail.com

Comment

My mistake, when he said I just need a rolling chassis that is not rusty I thought he had a coupe with a bad frame? Nice catch Mr. Biggs![8]

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Working...
            X