Johnny Lightning Avantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Lightning Avantis

Currently I have JL Avantis in red, black, turquoise and silver. The silver ones come with two different wheels. Does anyone know if there was or will be others?
    Herb Price

They offered them for a time in white.
    As for the future - sorry, no crystal ball.

Chris Pile
    Editor: The Studebaker Special
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Anyone have an extra white one? Herb

Comment

quote:Originally posted by herbpcpa

Anyone have an extra white one? Herb

Herb,The white ones were chase cars. I have a few extras but not sure what series they are. All but the black one had a white chase car. The black ones chase car was still black with a white interior. There also was an extremely rare set of test shots (maybe orange) with orange or red wheels that includeda few Avantis. Sold on E-Bay a few years ago for around $100 each.Steve
        sigpic

Comment

Not to hijack this thread but I am also looking for the white Hawk chase cars from Johnny Lightnings American Chrome 2008 release. They are packaged identical to the rosemist cars and there should be the same two wheel varieties. Many diecast Studes to trade or I will buy outright. Thanks,Steve
          sigpic

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't "Chase cars" made by Hot Wheels, and Johnny Lightning's special editions called "White Lightning" cars?

Chris Pile
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't "Chase cars" made by Hot Wheels, and Johnny Lightning's special editions called "White Lightning" cars?

Chris Pile

Actually I think the hot wheels are called Treasure Hunts. And yes the JL's are called white lightnings (though many are not white). Chase car is a generic term. Steve

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X