64' Toter Pics and Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64' Toter Pics and Video

Hey Guys here are some pics of my toter.

The Champ is a 61 T6 1/2 ton 259 Auto 3:73 TT. These two trucks JUST fit on my trailer. The Champ is for sale BTW.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

This is a 1964 Studebaker Mobile Home Toter. The frame has adjustable lengths. The rear wheels will retract clear up to were the notches are cut out of the c...

This is a 1964 Studebaker Mobile Home Toter. The frame has adjustable lengths. The rear wheels will retract clear up to were the notches are cut out of the c...

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

53' 2R5 R1 Powershift TT Under Construction

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction (in Picture)

58' 3E6D Stock

59' 4E2 122 Scotsman Deluxe V8 4spd curb side fender

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Wow John, does your brand "X" pickup always do wheelies when you drop the trailer on? [)]

It is a good thing that Stude. Truck is a BBC, and NOT a Transtar! You would have never got it on your trailer! [:0] How many feet is that flat deck on your trailer?

Those are very nice looking Trucks, and that Toter is very original looking, especially after 45 years! [] NICE! [^]

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Cool vids. Love the bit about "expando" under the hood!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
      '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I want one.

Be sure to save those rear corner stainless pieces... Made of pure unobtanium.

Matthew Burnette
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Wouldn't they fit a little better Toter 1st, Champ 2nd?

Pat Casey
          55 Commander
          58 Transtar
          62 GT Hawk
          66 Cruiser
          SDC Member since 1983

Comment

quote:Originally posted by showbizkid
            Love the bit about "expando" under the hood!
            The term 'Expando' was used in the parts catalog as well to denote parts unique to the Toter.

Craig

Comment

Very nice John...[][8D] Once again, you have your work cut out.

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island Chapter
              http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

John, that is definitely a Dodge/Ply./Chrysler V-8 Fuel Pump alright, but for sure I would remove it to see if it has a Stude. arm on it or not.

The Mopar arm is not bent enough to work properly and will certainly fail, break etc. like another member had happen, because he did not modify it first!

In the first video I thought I heard the noise they make, before they BREAK! [xx(]

StudeRich
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I was wondering about that fuel pump, didn't know if just becuase it bolted on ment it was working correctly. I'll put a stude pump on it. The Cummins handled the load GREAT as always, I've hualed a lot with that truck and the 30' flat deck it rode very level once I got out of that dip. The trucks would have fit a lot better if the toter was on front, but I didn't want all that weight up front if I could help it. I figured I'd run it that way for a bit and if it gave me fits i could switch them. The winch cable was also pulling forward on the toter, I't never moved.

Matthew, I didn't forget about the corner trim, the 61 has some bad fender trim on the pass side I was hoping you could straiten for me. Its rough but you could practice on it with no pressure of ruining it and if it comes back to me better than it left then great!

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

58' 3E6D Stock

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Send me some pics of the messed up piece. mbstude@gmail.com

Matthew Burnette
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Wow John, does your brand "X" pickup always do wheelies when you drop the trailer on? [)]
                      No worries there Rich, that "brand x" is a big ol' DODGE. It'll haul anything that can be hauled- that's how they are[^] I met John a few years back when I bought 2 62 Larks from him off eBay- both Daytona 2dr. HTs, one 259 Auto, the other 289 4spd. When I paid he offered to deliver them for a decent price, and showed up with that rig with both Larks and a little room to spare! Of course we got to unload them in the dark in the pouring rain/wet snow with my rollback, but that's another story

Now, if I can just talk him into buying something in northern CA, he can bring my Wagonaire back too

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

John, that Toter is just plain COOL![8D]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1963 Cruiser
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe
                        1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I like all four of 'em, trucks and trailer. All the best on your trip, John.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                          Ron Smith
                          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Very cool to have something so unique. You get that toter fixed up John and you may have a side job. Toting homes, maybe something for the field to haul hay. Toter wagon hay rides for Halloween.

I've always held this next story back, 2-3 years ago my brother(15-17yrs old at time) and his friend pulled a toter like Stude off a Ranch for $100.

I went to look at it one day after they drug it out to my fathers land, the cab, hood, mirror set up and the 289 all looked like Johns toter, I remember the frame, and for a lack of a better word....looked like a hodge podge of steel, with I beams, fishplating, and a longer fixed wheel base for the 5th wheel and ball type hitch on the rear.

As with any young men with big dreams, and no finances, they wanted to fix it up, and run around in it. Well that idea fell flat after about 3 weeks, and my father stated....it needed to be moved.

Not knowing anything about this particular truck, I offered to try and sell it for the boys, but they didn't want to take the time to part it out, I knew of the diesels and they're rarity, but just thought the ranch pieced together this truck in order to do a particular job out on the ranch, and didn't think much of its possible importance. Was it a true toter I'll never really know.

What sickens me is, I found this forum probably 6 months after that truck was scrapped! $650. No pictures just the memory.

Have fun with it John,

Looked like the grandson of the man who made these?? posted in another thread.

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Key Kevin, I got it in Wichita and went throu KC twice. I shoulda looked you up. Thats too bad about that truck, I'd like to find a 63-64 truck 289 for this one.

John

John

63' R1 Wagonaire

63' 8E45 Detroit

58' 3E6D Stock

61' 6E7 122 Factory Auto

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Working...
                              X