9/7 Eye Candy for Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/7 Eye Candy for Monday

51 Grill - 50 bullet and 52 headlight rings. Looks like you got the best of all three. It looks great.

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Candy indeed! That paint makes it look good enough to eat. 52 headlight trim gives the fenders a smoother look. I don't recall seeing that before.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, both w/overdrive.Searcy,Arkansas
      "I may be lazy, but I'm not shiftless."
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

GORGEOUS!

Chris Pile
        Editor: The Studebaker Special
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Bullet nose Studes look great stock, but street rodding a bullet nose with brilliant colors just brings out the design. Really a beautiful car. Now that NSRA allows newer cars Bullet nose values will probally rise.

101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Nice stance![^]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Very inspiring, I need to get out in the garage and try to make some progress!
              I keep telling myself that if I accomplish something each day eventually It will get done but man I have a long way to go!
              You guy's really like the 51 grill and the 52 headlights better?
              I'm on the fence with the headlights but to me the 50 grill wins hands down.
              Allways thought the 51 looked too much like a smiley face.
              Very cool car though no doubt.
              I still can't find pictures of a 52 hard top done this way. (HINT, HINT.)
              Dean.

Comment

Beautifully done.

One question: When the side vents are removed from the front fenders, where to most people bring in fresh air to the interior?

I had a 51 Starlite that I planned to do similar to this one - strip off some of the chrome, lower it, remove front bumper etc. Unfortunately, the car required more time, tools and money than I had so I let it go after 20 some years of dreaming. Fortunately, a body man ended up with the car and he is now doing what I had planned to do.

Cheers!

Jim

"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                Jim Mann
                Victoria, B.C.
                Canada
                \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                Jim Mann
                Victoria, B.C.
                Canada

Comment

Nice car!

Mr.Pearson, I agree with you on the '50 grill, I love that style. And as far as the '52 hartop done up like that, there was a picture of one, and a small article in the October 2003 turning wheels, its a nice car.

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                  Dylan Wills
                  Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                  1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                  1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                  1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I did see that one as a member was nice enough to post it here for me but if I remember right it had the 51 grill and bullet.
                    Twas a nice car though.
                    I've heard there are a few of them that have been done but it's hard to find a pic. With mine I am going to go all 50 including the dash.
                    Not that I need one any time soon but does anyone here know if a 50 steering wheel will just bolt onto a 52 steering col.?
                    Thanks,
                    Dean.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words on my 10 year project here.
                      FYI for Dean Pearson, due to the different wheelbase from 50 to 51 it will be a lot easier to use the bullet front end metal from a 51 as the wheelbase is the same in 51 and 52. If you use a 50 you will have to cut the fender wheel openings in the front and move them foward for tire clearance. You can "mix and match", as in 51 fenders and 50 front body panel but it gets a little interesting doing that. It is do-able and I have done it. The hoods will work from either 50 or 51.
                      Tom Mills

Comment

As far as the fender air vents go I like the looks of the fenders with out them and I have front and rear A/C so I didn't think they were important. I just power up the windows and turn on the air. LOL
                        Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

I think your car looks fabulous. I really like the clean look with the side vents removed.

I take it from your reference to the AC you don't have a need for a windshield defroster or heater. Up here in the Pacific Northwest we can't get by without at least a defroster (it can be a little 'damp' at times).

There must be some way that you are bringing fresh air into the interior. Surely you're not just recycling the cooled interior air, are you?

Cheers,

Jim

"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                          Jim Mann
                          Victoria, B.C.
                          Canada
                          \"Ahh, a bear in his natural habitat...a Studebaker!\"

51 Land Cruiser (Elsie)
                          Jim Mann
                          Victoria, B.C.
                          Canada

Comment

I do have defrosters. In fact I have front heat and defrosters and air and rear heat and air. It all works great, I also installed dynamat and dynaliner heat and sound shielding under everything in the car and it is very quiet and the air conditioning will run you out if you are not careful. If I want fresh air I open the windows. LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X