Harry comes home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry comes home

OK first this is just a project so I see a good canvas to start a great piece of art.

It seems to be missing on one cylinder. HMMMMMMMMMMMM

The back seat is a Stude seat but didn't the Land Cruiser have an arm rest? It was also recoverd at some time. Anybody got some parts, engine and interior stuff is what I need.

PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA

Good luck with the project! The long snout on that '50 looks even longer with painted head light rims. Just think of what the perspective that youngster has of that car. Kinda reminds me of the view of my neighbor's goat when I was a kid. The goat looked so tall... like a Giraffe would look to me today.

John Clary
    Greer, SC

Life... is what happens as you are making plans.
    SDC member since 1975
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

He is just like me. He loves cars, and old tractors. In the first picture you can see my deuce and a half he is really taken with that.

PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA

Comment

If you were to park the '50 land cruiser next to my '51 land cruiser...you would see that the '50 is about a foot longer in the front end. Is yours an automatic or manual transmission?
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

There are times I wish I still had my first Studebaker, a '50 Land Cruiser, same color as that was. That was the look the '50s and '51s were supposed to have, not the bobbed noses of the Champions.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
          Tom Bredehoft
          '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
          '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
          ....On the road, again....
          '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
          All Indiana built cars

Comment

Yes, the Land Cruiser had a rear armrest, and there was only one fabric offered in it that year; not the fabric in your photos.
            I parted out a '50 Land Cruiser a number of years ago and couldn't get rid of the seats. They're gone now. I sold five yards of the original material to Rene Harger. I'm pretty sure Phantom has had the material rewoven.
            I do still have the robe rail, ashtray and stainless skirts for the front seat.
            Let me know if you need them.

Brad Johnson
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jclary

If you were to park the '50 land cruiser next to my '51 land cruiser...you would see that the '50 is about a foot longer in the front end. Is yours an automatic or manual transmission?
              It is a manual with overdrive. I also got an extra trans with it.

PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by rockne10

Yes, the Land Cruiser had a rear armrest, and there was only one fabric offered in it that year; not the fabric in your photos.
                I parted out a '50 Land Cruiser a number of years ago and couldn't get rid of the seats. They're gone now. I sold five yards of the original material to Rene Harger. I'm pretty sure Phantom has had the material rewoven.
                I do still have the robe rail, ashtray and stainless skirts for the front seat.
                Let me know if you need them.

Brad Johnson

Yeah the front seat is all there and is the original material. I think that the back seat is out of something like a Champion, all the holes and the amount of bolts in it are identical. Unless somebody when the recovered it redid the springs (as they are new) and eliminated the armrest at that time.

PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA

Comment

I have a quite nice pair of original striped cloth '51 Land Cruiser Front and Rear Seats, if you want to ship them from Washington State to wherever you live! [] [^]

StudeRich
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Its a good day when a car so long forlorn, goes to a new home as a project with plans for being great once again. It looks mostly complete, just very weathered.

Good luck, Thomas

Comment

Looks like your a glutton for punishment.... I love it,
                      More work = MORE FUN!!.
                      Dean.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dean pearson

Looks like your a glutton for punishment.... I love it,
                        More work = MORE FUN!!.
                        Dean.
                        If you only could see all the projects laying around beside the Stude and all the finished cars in the shop beside it. There are 2 37 Dodges there that one is going to be a b/gs gasser and a Model A "rat rod" and so on. I am redoing a 56 Merc the was customized in the 60's that is a real joy to work on in my garage at home. So yes I am a glutton for punishment. I love project type vehicles.

PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA

Comment

At least you see the diamond in the rough.

As for the engine "missing" that's a tough one to diagnose , surely someone here can help. [)]

And that Goodyear garage art sign is probably what you were after the whole time. [^]

ChopStu

61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 4961Studebaker

At least you see the diamond in the rough.

As for the engine "missing" that's a tough one to diagnose , surely someone here can help. [)]

And that Goodyear garage art sign is probably what you were after the whole time. [^]

ChopStu

That Goodyear sign the guy dug up out of the back of his shop for me, it came from his tire store many years ago. This guy had a collection that would amaze anybody into antique collecting. He has his parents' General store set up in his garage. He has a model T that is all original except for paint and runs like a top. The brass works are like new. He has a Model A that he drives around at Deadwood SD and all through the hills in SD.

PROUDLY MADE IN AMERICA

Comment

Neat project! Have fun with it, and good luck!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                              Dylan Wills
                              Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                              1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                              1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                              1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Working...
                              X